Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New place to buy DC - DC Power supplies.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New place to buy DC - DC Power supplies.

This place sells the DC - DC board found in the EPIA case setups as well as the cables and a few other things.

DC2DC
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

It looks great but how does it work. Its dc to dc but it has a plug to plug into the wall? If it is truly a dc to dc psu that would work in my car could I then take it of if needed and just plug it into a wall outlet? If so that would be awsome, just what I want? All this for only $61, wow.

Somebody who knows alot more than I do about psu's check it out and tell us what you think please.
    97 Mazda MX6 LS lowered with some Zoom Zoom, Alpine 7894, Via Epia M 9000, Western Digital 60 gig 7200rpm, 256 mb pc2100 ddr ram, 5" LCD, PC P&C PSU, Gyration Ultra cordless optical suite

Comment

Thier has been a lot of talk about this power supply. It's the same one that comes in the casetronics case. Some people have gotten it to work and others haven't. I'm still waiting on a final conclusion by people to see if it'll actually work. I'll probably end up getting the new opus that is supposed to come out cause I have the EPIA M 9000 board. But if one you guys does get it please post how it works out for you.

Comment

I have the Casetronics 2677 case, and the Epia 800 board. I went ahead and hooked up the power supply directly to my distribution blocks, measuring the voltage both with the truck off and the truck on. Truck off, I had a consistent 12.6V, and truck on, I had 14.3V. This is well withing the tolerance range for standard brick type power supplies.

My computer is running fine with one exception that I have yet to troubleshoot. I do not know if this is power supply related, but Winamp will play fine for a certain number of songs, and then at some point it will transition and not play the song. I can punch the reset button, and it will work fine.
        KG6OQD
        www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

I am going to use the one that came with my case. I'm going to build a circuit that will regulate the 12v off the battery so it will be safe. Shouldn' t cost more than a couple of bucks to build. Will post when completed.

Comment

Jay...that sounds good. I would defenitly be interested in powering my Epia this way. It would defenitly save me a lot of money. Defenitly post when you get this work...with plans for that circuit. I tried to look for stuff to regulate the 12v but i'm not an electrnocis guy so I couldn't really figure it out.

Comment

If the adapter is 55W (AC adapter, power in) wouldn't the car power be too high, if 12.6V at 30 amps?

Comment

Originally posted by Alphared
                If the adapter is 55W (AC adapter, power in) wouldn't the car power be too high, if 12.6V at 30 amps?
                theoretically you only get as much power as you draw.. To prevent a horror story you could always pop a 5a fuse on it.

I'll be hooking up my opus this weekend, I didn't want to risk frying everything plus, I like the auto on and off
                aka Kumaneko
                "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

I just put the power supply in the car with the via epia c3-800.
                  And put a circuit that will regulate the 12v between the battery and the power supply. It only runs with the engine on.
                  But that's no problem only playin'when i drive.

The circuit that i use is build with 2 MC78T12CT (3A each), 2 4700uF condensators and 2 100nF condensators.

(Forget the dots there only there to make the drawin work)

.+ in ___________ 78T12 ____________ + out
                  ....................|..............|.............. |
                  ....................|..............|.............. |
                  ...................==.............|.............==
                  ........4700......|..............|----------|....100nF
                  ....................|..............|
                  ...- in ________|_______|______________ - out

I made 2 of these and put the 2 in's together on the battery and the both out's on the input from the powersupply.
                  This circuit makes sure that the output is 12V.

just edit some dots to make it work
                  PETER - THE NETHERLANDS - DEVENTER
                  sproggy 2.8,epia c3-800,20Gb 2.5", 5.6"lcd,touchscreen.

Comment

where did you get the parts for that (and how much)

Comment

I got them at a local electronics shop.

CM78T12CT - $4.- a piece
                      4700uF/25V - $1.76 a piece
                      100nF - $0.40 a piece
                      and a heatsink (i had some)

Comment

How bout just slap this between the power supply?

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=276%2D1771

Its a Fixed-Voltage Regulator transistor.

Is that similar to the CM78T12CT (can't find it here in the USA) or is that a Diode? Whats the caps for?

Comment

Jah thats about the same.
                          only this is a 1A and mine is a 3A.
                          The powersupply takes about 4.6A so you'll need 5 of these.
                          The Caps are for smoothin the voltage so it a strait line ( don't know how to discripe it in English/ US).

The first cap. must be 1000uF for every A.

so 1A -> 1000uF, 2A -> 2000uF and so on.

Comment

so it looks to me like this ps isn't exactly plug and play. Hopefully the new opus PS will be out soon.

Grand AMplifier Project 1.0:
                            http://drive.to/cliffsgrandamgt/
                            http://www.astallaslions.com/carmp3/
                            --------------------------------
                            -Eden 800 mini-itx motherboard
                            -5.6 NTSC TFT-LCD
                            -80 gig hard drive
                            -128 MB RAM
                            -MPBS1 DC-DC PSU
                            -PB Remote /w Girder
                            -Media Engine & Windows XP
                            -Playstation II also added
                            -Steering Wheel Buttons modified for Control.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff
                              so it looks to me like this ps isn't exactly plug and play. Hopefully the new opus PS will be out soon.
                              If you don't want to wait for OPUS and you want something small, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3000354058
                              MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
                              www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Working...
                              X