Am I going in the right direction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I going in the right direction?

I've read thread after thread, post after post... I thought I understood it, but after reading contradicting posts, now I don't. My project is still on the drawing board, and I'm trying to figure out the whole electrical side of my project, and if I'm on the right path...

I want get power to the PC, a 4-channel amp, a Lilli 629, and maybe a USB hub. I have an '09 Scion tC, which came with a 6" sub, and it does what I want for now. (I'm in school, so I want to keep expenses as low as possible)

I think it's something like this

Battery (+) >> (<1-ft) 4awg wire >> amp fuse (within 18") >> 4ga wire (to back) >> power distribution block
    distro block >> fuse >> 8awg wire >> M2-ATX >> PC
    distro block >> fuse >> 8 awg wire >> amplifier

with the lilli, I could connect to the M2-ATX?

to ground everything, could I just wire the grounds from the PC and the amp to the chassis bolt? or would I need to do (ground wires >> distribution block >> wire >> chassis bolt)?

Am I missing anything? I know this is a lot, and I'm sorry for that. I'm just trying to get in the right direction.

Thanks for all of your help!

Edit: I've re-read this FAQ (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/faq-...-speakers.html) and I believe I'm on the right path. Just need a second (or more) opinion.
    Thanks!
    -VJ

with the lilli, I could connect to the M2-ATX?
    Yes!

to ground everything, could I just wire the grounds from the PC and the amp to the chassis bolt? or would I need to do (ground wires >> distribution block >> wire >> chassis bolt)?
    Yes you can wire the ground separately.
    The shorter the ground wire, the better.
    dsatx in voompc 2 case <HERE>

Comment

You have it figured out correctly. One of the most important things is to ensure that all grounds go to the same location. That reduces the possibility of a ground loop.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

What a relief!

okay, so I realized that I forgot to consider the ignition/accessory line.

My cousin told me he wired his ignition from the radio harness to the m2-atx (which also sends the ignition signal to the amp, which I gotta learn how this works), would this work? If so, is it safe? How would I do this (properly)?

My cousin also confirmed that you can connect the Lilli to the M2-ATX. I'm assuming the lilli comes with the connector to do so?

Just two more obstacles to overcome...

Thanks!
        Thanks!
        -VJ

Comment

Working...
        X