M2-ATX not hibernating computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX not hibernating computer

Has anyone had an issue with the M2-ATX PSU not hibernating the computer? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

I have a 10 gauge power coming directly from the battery to the red line on the PSU, a ground line connected, and another 10 gauge wire connected to a thick green/yellow ignition wire in the steering column.

On ignition, the computer starts up and runs fine, but when ignition is off, the computer stays on until the 1 minute hardoff time is up, and then it turns the computer off completely. When I turn the car back on, the computer has to start completely back up again each time.

Is there something else I'm missing?? Thanks alot

Sounds like the power button cable isnt connected correctly. How do you have it connected?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Set windows to hibernate in the advance power options. It's probably set to "do nothing" right now.
      Attached Files
      OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
      Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
      Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
      BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
      M2-ATX Power Supply
      RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
      Windows XP SP3

Comment

try disconnecting your red battery wire to the power supply, and wait a minute (or touch the positive and neg together on the power supply when its disconnected. this will discharge the capacitors in there and reset its memory)

im planning on installing a hard-switch for the battery lead to my m2-atx. i have found during bench testing that sometimes it just needs to be disconnected from power and rebooted before it will hibernate the pc again. ill have a motherboard power led light right next to the switch.... so when i get in my truck and that light is NOT on ( i have hard shutoff to never, but it will shut off at 11v), ill just flip that switch off for a few seconds then resume my daily life.

Comment

Originally posted by trader007 View Post
          try disconnecting your red battery wire to the power supply, and wait a minute (or touch the positive and neg together on the power supply when its disconnected. this will discharge the capacitors in there and reset its memory)

im planning on installing a hard-switch for the battery lead to my m2-atx. i have found during bench testing that sometimes it just needs to be disconnected from power and rebooted before it will hibernate the pc again. ill have a motherboard power led light right next to the switch.... so when i get in my truck and that light is NOT on ( i have hard shutoff to never, but it will shut off at 11v), ill just flip that switch off for a few seconds then resume my daily life.
          You're off track; all the PSU does is send an on/off pulse to the MB and from there, the OS does what it's set to do i.e. stand-by, shutdown, hibernate or nothing.

If i read you correctly, it seams you are validating the OP's misunderstanding that the PSU sends a "hibernate" command to the computer.

If the OP's PSU is sending the on pulse, i don't see why it wouldn't send the off.

And BTW, if you have to do all those things to keep your PSU active, something is wrong with IT or your setup.
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

Comment

It seems that that power button cable from the PSU wasn't correctly hooked up to the motherboard, so I found the correct pin and fixed it. I also double-checked the power options just to be sure they were set to hibernate. Everything works great now!

Thanks alot guys

Comment

Working...
            X