Amp Startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Startup

Hi guys just wanted to know how to connect the remote switch from the amplifier my amp only has one wire for remote and the M1/M2-ATX

the m2-atx amp-remote has both a 12v and ground line, just attach the +ve pin to the amplifier and that should be adequate. If you get some noise in the soundsystem then ground the other pin to the car body and that should get rid of the noise.

Comment

ahh so off the jumper connect the red(+12v) to the remote switch on the amps

Comment

Connect the left pin on the m2-atx remote to the remote on your amp, this should be fine.

Comment

But its not much use.

This remote connection will enable your poweramp much too soon. You will still get bumps when sound card is initialized.
          My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"

Comment

I use a USB powered/controlled relay. I have it setup to enable the amp at startup/restart and hibernate/resume. It works perfect every time.

Comment

Something like that is what you need, Domino!

I do the same thing as fabworks. Under software control (via COM) you can mute even if the PC is on too. Similar to fusionbox I guess.

Well, if you can't reprogram the pic on the M2-ATX off-cause. There is source available to modify. But you still have to guess a delay time.
              My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"

Comment

AmpCTRL is another option, it runs as a service and uses pin 4 of a com port to switch the amp on once windows is loaded.

Comment

Yeah, I used AmpCTRL as well, but when my HDRadio took my serial port, I had to find another solution.

The usb powered relay is great and I have no clue why the current power supplies don't have this on them.

Comment

Originally posted by fabworks View Post
                    Yeah, I used AmpCTRL as well, but when my HDRadio took my serial port, I had to find another solution.

The usb powered relay is great and I have no clue why the current power supplies don't have this on them.
                    AMP control is the best hands down. It does require a serial port though. Check you mother board to see if you have extra COM PORT headers. My MoBo came with 2 external serial ports (XM and HD Radio) and then 2 internal ports (OBD2 scanner and AmpCtrl). i have 5 amps so the serial port was to weak to start them all, so I connected a PAC TR-4 to the serial port to amplify the signal.
                    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Strange, I never have had a drama at all with the "POP" when using the remote on the m2 psu.

I have built a few carputers and these vary from mini-itx to usual desktops with builtin/external sound cards... Never had the pop in any of the setups when using remote.

Only have had it when having the amp remote wired direct to the 12v accessories.
                      2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
                      Base System = Raspberry Pi
                      Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

Comment

Originally posted by mayhembdm666 View Post
                        Strange, I never have had a drama at all with the "POP" when using the remote on the m2 psu.

I have built a few carputers and these vary from mini-itx to usual desktops with builtin/external sound cards... Never had the pop in any of the setups when using remote.

Only have had it when having the amp remote wired direct to the 12v accessories.
                        It depends on the soundcard. Alot of USB cards suffer from the pop.... when I switched to the PCI X-Fi I no longer had the issues.
                        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                        X