Do I have the wiring correct???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have the wiring correct???

I took the wiring from the manual for the P1900 and modified it because it showed a macmini...is there anything i am missing from it, where would i wire the SSC for start/shutdown???

Thanx in advance...

The SSC is built in to the P1900. As long as you wired the ignition switch correctly, it will start up and shut down with the ignition.

You also need to wire the PC to P1900 to signal it to start and stop. Is it a laptop?
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
      The SSC is built in to the P1900. As long as you wired the ignition switch correctly, it will start up and shut down with the ignition.

You also need to wire the PC to P1900 to signal it to start and stop. Is it a laptop?
      okay so if i'm correct, i would use an 8 gauge wire from battery to p1900...where would the wire from the ignition switch connect to???

yes it is a laptop...compaq presario 700...it has a normal button that you push to turn on so i know from reading i'll have to do some sodering but is the SSC wire different than the one actually powering the PC...sorry if these have been asked before but i don't have the p1900 yet and don't relaly know what wires are where...

Comment

okay doing what i should have done in the first place...read over the manual a few more times...i understand what wires go where...wow...who would have thought it was that easy...can't wait to get my new acer aspire one, to rip this old POS apart and junk the parts i'm not going to use... (i.e. screen, keyboard, battery)...now for the task of housing the MB and all other circuit boards...thanx BUGBYTE...great Car PC 101 video by the way...i've watched it a few times now...

Comment

Working...
        X