finally in...but........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally in...but........

I finally got my pc installed, but I'm not clear on the dip switches for the M4. Its turning on with ign,(after reading the sticky I was worried about the thing even working at all the first time), but its not turning off. I ran a momentary switch for now to turn it on/off. My question is this, which way is on on the M4, is it toward the board or away from the board? I have 123 going toward the board at the moment, so either its set for 2 hours or the 30 second isn't working. By the way, the mobo is a 945GCLF, with a hitachi 2.5" 500 gb hdd, 2 gb kingston ram, and a lilliput 10.4 screen.

Why didn't you tested it the other way before you posted this??
    Sounds like you have it backwards (P7)...
    Flip 2 and 3 the other way and retest.

Comment

its behind my dash, so I want to make sure thats what it is before I go and pull everything back apart.

Comment

Here's the update, I pulled everything back apart and flipped the switches, still not turning off at all. Do I need to pull the fuse when I flip the switches? Or will just flipping them work out. I didn't have enough time to test that theory out yet, probably won't get to it till tomorrow night. Untill then, I'm using the momentary to shut it down. Will the M4 without the actuall pc running kill the battery? Guess I'll find that one out in the morning....

Comment

Originally posted by diggler68 View Post
          Here's the update, I pulled everything back apart and flipped the switches, still not turning off at all. Do I need to pull the fuse when I flip the switches? Or will just flipping them work out. I didn't have enough time to test that theory out yet, probably won't get to it till tomorrow night. Untill then, I'm using the momentary to shut it down. Will the M4 without the actuall pc running kill the battery? Guess I'll find that one out in the morning....
          Check your motherboard BIOS for the "what to do after power failure" setting. Change that to Do nothing, or stay off.

Then try your M4 and see if it actually starts the computer. If it doesn't then you dont have the power on switch hooked up correctly. It is not a button like normal that shorts the 2 contacts. It is an electrical ground pulse that grounds one of the pins, that is it. So if you are grounding ground, nothing will happen. If you ground the + side of the power switch, then it will turn on and off. If even with the ACPI settings changed it does boot but doesnt turn off, then check in Window's power settings for what to do on power button press.

But seeing as how you have a momentary switch working, I would assume the mobo is turning itself on when it gets power (M4 is doing nothing) and then the M4 sends the pulse to turn off which doesnt register since it is on the wrong pin and the comp will stay on until it hard offs in 2 hours.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Where is your momentary switch connected to? The M4?
            Yeah, I think you need to pull the fuse for the jumper settings to 'take'

Comment

Working...
            X