Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel D945GCLF2 Shutdown Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel D945GCLF2 Shutdown Problem

    Hi all,

    I have a problem with my D945GCLF2. Aside from it being a brilliant little unit in almost every way, i cannot seem to get it to shut down.

    These are the specs:
    Intel D945GCLF2
    2GB RAM
    320GB HDD (SATA)
    7" Touchscreen

    The problem is that when i try to shut the computer down, it goes ahead and goes through the shutdown sequence, but then a second or two after it completes, it just starts by itself again. Does the same when trying to hibernate.

    I had it connected to an M2-ATX power supply, so initially i thought it was the power supply that was faulty, but not i have connected it to a perfectly good regular computer power supply and it does the same thing.

    I have updated firmware, tried every combination of BIOS settings including resetting to defaults but nothing has worked.

    Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help? This is whats holding me up from putting this thing in my car! Its getting frustrating!

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Hi,

    I have the same problem and I can't do anything with it.
    My config:
    MB: D945GCLF2
    RAM: 2 GB 667MHz
    HDD: 160 GB SATA
    PSU: M2ATX

    I've got another problem too:
    After rebooting the system it hang after the post and displays code "94" on the lower right corner of the screen. If I load BIOS default it can start but after a restart it hang again.

    I've tried to update the BIOS but because the update tool wants to restart the system it hang again. When loading defaults again windows boot up and display a message said the BIOS update process finished but my BIOS version number is still "0099".

    Anybody can help us?


    Thanks

    lapat

    p.s.: Sorry for my English

    edit: I've already tried with express and iso update method but still nothing...

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey Lapat,

      Here are a couple of things that might help...

      This page will give you technical info about the mainboard that might help you troubleshoot it a bit better.

      http://resources.mini-box.com/online...CLF2-specs.pdf

      If you have updated your bios (i used the ISO method), you need to make sure that when you run that update, the CMOS jumper on the motherboard is set to the 'Recover' position. Once the update is complete, shift it back to the normal position. This was the only method of BIOS update that would work for me.

      It turns out that the problem i was having was caused by what i can only guess was a faulty CMOC battery connection. The battery itself is fine but i had to make sure the contacts in the slot it sits in were making better contact :P

      Hope this helps.

      synt4ks





      Originally posted by lapat View Post
      Hi,

      I have the same problem and I can't do anything with it.
      My config:
      MB: D945GCLF2
      RAM: 2 GB 667MHz
      HDD: 160 GB SATA
      PSU: M2ATX

      I've got another problem too:
      After rebooting the system it hang after the post and displays code "94" on the lower right corner of the screen. If I load BIOS default it can start but after a restart it hang again.

      I've tried to update the BIOS but because the update tool wants to restart the system it hang again. When loading defaults again windows boot up and display a message said the BIOS update process finished but my BIOS version number is still "0099".

      Anybody can help us?


      Thanks

      lapat

      p.s.: Sorry for my English

      edit: I've already tried with express and iso update method but still nothing...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by synt4ks View Post
        Hey Lapat,

        Here are a couple of things that might help...

        This page will give you technical info about the mainboard that might help you troubleshoot it a bit better.

        http://resources.mini-box.com/online...CLF2-specs.pdf

        If you have updated your bios (i used the ISO method), you need to make sure that when you run that update, the CMOS jumper on the motherboard is set to the 'Recover' position. Once the update is complete, shift it back to the normal position. This was the only method of BIOS update that would work for me.

        It turns out that the problem i was having was caused by what i can only guess was a faulty CMOC battery connection. The battery itself is fine but i had to make sure the contacts in the slot it sits in were making better contact :P

        Hope this helps.

        synt4ks
        Hi synt4ks,

        Thanks for your help.
        Finally can manage to update the BIOS (I don't know how because on the recovery mode the system not even starts up) but the problem still remain.
        Now the system can be shut down but the next startup process hang like before. If I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, the system restarts and Windows starts like nothing happened before.
        Next start same story...
        Ctrl+Alt+Del solves the problem but this is not the best method to start the system every single time.

        So, thanks again and if you have any other idea please tell me.

        lapat

        Comment


        • #5
          Sounds like you need to do the recovery version of the bios install. Put the bios bin on a thumb drive, with only that on it. Disconnect all other drives. Remove the cmos jumper, putting it recover mode, and power on. This is how I had to upgrade my linux web server at home. (I have two of these boards, one in my car, one in my web server.)

          Comment


          • #6
            @ lapat:

            Recover mode is only used for BIOS upgrades, it is not suppoed to allow boot or even POST.

            What is the number of the error you are getting? Is it the same number as before? What version of the BIOS do you have worknig?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by synt4ks View Post
              What is the number of the error you are getting? Is it the same number as before?
              Yes, the code is the same: "94" Clearing keyboard input buffer
              Intel Port 80h POST Codes

              Originally posted by synt4ks View Post
              What version of the BIOS do you have worknig?
              Latest BIOS v 0150

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm having the same exact problem. Anyone find a fix for it? Does the bios update do it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I didn’t ever find the source of the problem.

                  My workaround was to design a small relay circuit that would cut power to the system when the 5V wire to the mainboard was triggered. (Not very descriptive but it will do for now).

                  That worked fine with XP but now I have tried Win7 which is great for USB device issues that were present in XP but it seems the restart issue has returned (i will have to check things out - the hardware trigger should not have changed)

                  So, I wish I could say that the restart thing was simple to solve but it wasn’t. I don’t know how many people use the d945gclf2 mainboard for a CarPC but if there are a lot of them, they don’t seem to be having the same issues. I have searched the web as best I can but haven’t been able to find much.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have the same issue (which for me only seems to exist with the M2, as it never happened when using an M3 or a standard ATX PSU), but as I rarely want to shut my system down I haven't looked into it much.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So yours worked fine with the m3? I'd hate to have to buy a new power supply.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Did you verify your power settings in the BIOS specifically the recovery from power loss?
                        Click for my projects
                        2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

                        2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          same thing for me..
                          Carputer to sell : http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/vbcl...?do=ad&id=2684

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Deric View Post
                            Did you verify your power settings in the BIOS specifically the recovery from power loss?
                            Yes, in the bios I have it set to power off with power loss or stay off, whichever the option is.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ckny View Post
                              So yours worked fine with the m3? I'd hate to have to buy a new power supply.
                              No, the M3 seemed to degrade and eventually stop working all together. But it never had this specific problem.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X