No announcement yet.

DCL11 Point-Of-Load DC-DC 15W Issues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCL11 Point-Of-Load DC-DC 15W Issues...

Just thought I'd point out some "differences" in the product I received and the product being displayed at mp3car.com...

Firstly, and most importantly, there are no jumpers on the device i received. It is "hard-wired" to the 5v position, so the 7.5v, 9v, & 12v output settings are unable to be made (unless you re-solder the damned thing). [see attached pics]

Secondly, the output power connectors are not 2pin screw terminal (5mm pitch), but in fact they are some type of molex looking connectors. Not a big deal, just pointing out a difference. [see attached pics]

Good thing I didn't order 3 of these. I need 1 as a 9v POL, but now I know not to purchase this product from mp3car.com again...
    Attached Files
    -Billy

Wow, just looked up the part in the mp3car store and it definitely shows jumpers and screw terminals. I'd say get them to pay for shipping to send it back and get them to send you the right one
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
      Wow, just looked up the part in the mp3car store and it definitely shows jumpers and screw terminals. I'd say get them to pay for shipping to send it back and get them to send you the right one
      mine had jumpers - ordered a month or 2 back, maybe you just got a
      defective unit
      Attached Files

Comment

BillyGalbreath - just caught this - did you email the store already - if not please do and we will have this taken care of, one way or another.
        Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
        • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
        • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
        • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
        • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Hey BillyGalbreath,

I just checked all of the units we have here in stock. Every single one of them has jumpers. The one your received was probably a manufacturing defect. Opus does advertise on their own website being able to switch between 5V, 7.5V, 9V, and 12V. Please email me at the store with your order number and I'll send you an RMA and get this replaced for you.

You're correct about Opus replacing the screw terminals with a molex-like connector. The pictures of the DCL11s on their site don't show this change either.
          Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

Comment

sorry for such a late reply. i"ll find the packing slip when i get home and email you the order number. i'm currently in my car at my son's baseball practice. please provide more info on rma's, as i've never done one before. is the original packaging required? do i have to pay more shipping & handling? if this is going to be a pain i will just keep this "defective" unit as it still works as a 5v pol just fine.
            -Billy

Comment

Our RMA policy can be found here:

http://store.mp3car.com/help_answer.asp?ID=11#155

In this case, the product arrived defective so we will replace it free of charge. Please email me at [email protected] to have this taken care of.
              Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

Comment

Working...
              X