Carnetix P2140 not being recognized via USB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnetix P2140 not being recognized via USB

When I plug in the USB cable from the P2140 to my laptop, nothing happens...laptop doesn't recognize the addition of new hardware and therefore does not prompt me to install the drivers.
    I tried on another machine, but same thing...no action. The software doesn't recognize the connection either.
    I checked with the Carnetix site re: this issue, and it says it was fixed with firmware...but how do you get the firmware onto the PSU if the USB connection isn't working?
    Has anyone else come accross this? Is there something wrong with my PSU?

Have you installed the software first? Try it.
    Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
    CPU Electrical Specs
    Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
    Temperature Converter
    Voltage Calculator

Comment

Originally posted by dMand View Post
      Have you installed the software first? Try it.
      Yes I have, but still no go...shouldn't the laptop detect the PSU anyway even without the software installed?

Comment

yes it should, and in most cases it does. However, this is unique to me. Does your laptop Ethernet interface support "Wake-on-Link"?

Find out by going to:

DeviceManager->NetworkAdapters->YourEthernetAdapter->Properties->Advanced Tab and look for Wake on Link.

Set the value on the right to "enable", and see if that helps.

If it doesn't currently support that feature, search for an Ethernet driver update to see if support has been added for your machine.
        Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
        CPU Electrical Specs
        Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
        Temperature Converter
        Voltage Calculator

Comment

Originally posted by dMand View Post
          yes it should, and in most cases it does. However, this is unique to me. Does your laptop Ethernet interface support "Wake-on-Link"?

Find out by going to:

DeviceManager->NetworkAdapters->YourEthernetAdapter->Properties->Advanced Tab and look for Wake on Link.

Set the value on the right to "enable", and see if that helps.

If it doesn't currently support that feature, search for an Ethernet driver update to see if support has been added for your machine.
          Yes, I have that feature but instead of the "enable" option, it has "forced"...
          I tried unistalling the software and reinstalling versions 1, 1.4 and 1.83 but to no avail...tried it on different pc's and still no luck.
          Is there any way to test the USB port/connection on the P2140 to see if it's malfunctioning?

Comment

I cannot remember correctly but isn't there a .ini file you need to install manually for it to be recognised?

Comment

I don't know if you have figured this out yet, but I had the same problem installing my P2140. When you download the 1.8.3 version of PSUMon, the download does not have the Windows drivers included. The 1.4 version has a driver folder in the ZIP file. When you install PSUMon 1.4, you can use that folder to point Windows to the driver. Then, uninstall 1.4, install 1.8.3 and proceed with the firmware upgrade or whatever you need to do.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X