Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weired m2-atx what shall i do??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • weired m2-atx what shall i do??

    after retrying a lot, here are the problem & the expected error from my view
    the psu works fine totally except giving the on signal to the motherboard
    when it is set to p1 or another setting
    1-you apply acc. the led j5 goes on the 5 v standby led of the motherboard goes on , motherboard don’t start
    2-acc off , after 5 sec approx the motherboard goes on
    3-if acc is turned on again in less than a min the motherboard turn off
    4-acc remains off after 1 min approx the psu cut power from motherboard"hardoff"
    5-after cutting the power from motherboard if I turn acc on we return to step one, motherboard don’t start automatically
    so on
    motherboard used intel d945gsejt with the 4pole p4 atx j2
    pin 14,15 on the 20 pin atx connector are jumpered as advised from mini -box to simulate the ps_on
    j8 or j9 tried both noone gives the on pulse to the mobo when acc is on
    but gives it after 5 sec of the acc off
    what shall i do with that??
    i'm stuck with it

    specs of the connected parts
    1-mb intel d945gsejt
    2-m2-atx
    3-500 gb 2.5" sata hd
    4-slim dvd-rw
    5- 2- 4*4*1 fans
    help please

  • #2
    well unjumper pin 14 of the ATX cable.

    Then did you make sure your cable from J8 has the correct polarity? If you have J8 connected, and manually short out J9 does it turn on?

    Did you test with a normal PSU inside and get it working?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
      well unjumper pin 14 of the ATX cable.

      Then did you make sure your cable from J8 has the correct polarity? If you have J8 connected, and manually short out J9 does it turn on?

      Did you test with a normal PSU inside and get it working?
      first of all if i unjumper pin14 the m2-atx will not power the board
      even the 5 v standby led on the motherboard wont go on
      second if i manually short j8 it turns on directly with no problem
      third i dont think that the j8 has polarity on it as it's just a short to turn on the mobo
      tested b4 with a normal ac psu with pin 14 jumpered and it works fine
      when i short the power pins it goes on instantly
      but with the m2-atx no mobo on auto signal sent while i turn the acc on"it's main feature"
      and even if it has polarity,how does it turn iot on when i turn acc off??
      thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nohope View Post
        first of all if i unjumper pin14 the m2-atx will not power the board
        Then you have a problem somewhere else. The M2 is what takes care to tell the mobo to turn on. Once the mobo wants to wake up the mobo is the one that shorts 14 to grounds itself. If you are doing it, something is very wrong. Only reason to do this is to test the voltages coming out, but then you would do it when not connected to the mobo as to not risk destroying it.

        Originally posted by nohope View Post
        even the 5 v standby led on the motherboard wont go on
        It shouldnt be on unless the M2 is on or waiting to hardoff. When the M2 is "off" it is essentially pulling the plug from the wall. So there should be no standby LED unless the mobo was on and is waiting to turn off or of course is still on.

        Originally posted by nohope View Post
        second if i manually short j8 it turns on directly with no problem
        That is a good sign


        Originally posted by nohope View Post
        third i dont think that the j8 has polarity on it as it's just a short to turn on the mobo
        That's where you are very very wrong. A normal button is just a short yes. That's why the test would be to short it manually and see. However the M2 cannot short the 2 lines. It just grounds one of them. That's why the connector has polarity. Every mobo is different, but essentially when you short the mobo connector, you are pulling one of them to ground. Which, who knows. But the M2 has to have the right one, or nothing will work. So flip one end of J8 between the M2 and the mobo. Check the polarity easily that way, as it cant really damage anything, it just wont work if not hooked up right.

        Originally posted by nohope View Post
        tested b4 with a normal ac psu with pin 14 jumpered and it works fine
        when i short the power pins it goes on instantly
        but with the m2-atx no mobo on auto signal sent while i turn the acc on"it's main feature"
        and even if it has polarity,how does it turn iot on when i turn acc off??
        thanks
        This could all be due to your funky hacking of the ATX cable. When the mobo cant decide when to turn on/off and ACPI events wont work because you kept pin 14 shorted, there's no telling what the mobo's firmware will do.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          It shouldnt be on unless the M2 is on or waiting to hardoff. When the M2 is "off" it is essentially pulling the plug from the wall. So there should be no standby LED unless the mobo was on and is waiting to turn off or of course is still on.

          This could all be due to your funky hacking of the ATX cable. When the mobo cant decide when to turn on/off and ACPI events wont work because you kept pin 14 shorted, there's no telling what the mobo's firmware will do.
          look at the intel d945gsejt specs
          it does have a 20 pin atx connector at all
          it is powered from the dc 12v regulated power only"round small jack in the backpanel"
          or the 4 pole atx connector on it
          for sure it wont give the ps_on to the m2-atx without wires
          so that's y i jumper pin 14,15 to simulate the ps_on

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            This could all be due to your funky hacking of the ATX cable. When the mobo cant decide when to turn on/off and ACPI events wont work because you kept pin 14 shorted, there's no telling what the mobo's firmware will do.
            if so i wont get the benifit with the auto on from m2-atx
            & i should connect the j9 to an external switch & turn it on manually when i get in car, & it will turn off automaticly when i get out of the car
            as i dont have on the board a 20 pin atx connector so i have to jumper pin 14,15 all the time

            Comment


            • #7
              case closed with success

              Originally posted by nohope View Post
              if so i wont get the benifit with the auto on from m2-atx
              & i should connect the j9 to an external switch & turn it on manually when i get in car, & it will turn off automaticly when i get out of the car
              as i dont have on the board a 20 pin atx connector so i have to jumper pin 14,15 all the time
              problem solved ,
              have jumpered pin14,pin15 of the 20 pin atx connector
              power setting in the bios is to power on when current restored
              so it starts automaticly when i turn acc on
              & it's allready shuts down automaticly when acc is turned off
              seems that when i jumper pin14,15 the mobo conflict in turning on automaticly from the m2-atx
              so the final solution was from the bios
              thanks to 2k1toaster

              Comment

              Working...
              X