No announcement yet.

Most reliable power supply?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most reliable power supply?

Hi all,

Basically i have an M2-ATX, which is proving to be very erractic. When the car is hot (under direct sunlight for a few hours), the M2 either doesn't shut the PC down when ignition is switched off, or it starts the PC even when I am nowhere near it!!

Because of it my car battery has been flat for a few times and I have had to call breakdown service...

So, I want to replace the M2-ATX with something more reliable. Any recommendation please?

Sounds like something else is wrong, but those that dont like the M1/M2/M3/M4 usually go to the Opus brand happy.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the Store

i had the m4, it was a lemon, i purchases the dsatx and have been quite happy.

has a lot of monitoring capabilites that will help preserve ur battery

2006 Mazda6 Carpc

2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

I've been using an Opus for over 6 months now, from freezing temps to >100F, no problems yet.

I have a switch connecting 12V to the ignition terminal of the opus so I can turn the computer on without having to start the car, or leave the computer running after turning off the engine (for quick stops). I've accidentally left it on overnight a few times, but the opus always did a great job of sensing when the battery was low and shut the computer down, with just enough juice on the battery to start the car again.

DSATX gets my vote, opus is good too, but too big, and software isn't as intuitive.