M2-ATX power problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX power problem

I have a Mo-Co-So PC with the 160wt M2-ATX PSU. Constant is direct from battery, ground to chassis and IGN via a switch off ACC.

Everything worked great up to a couple of days ago. Now, when I turn of the ignition, the PC shuts down immediately. The timer settings are default.

The PC will not restart until I disconnect the power plug and then reconnect and start the engine. Once the PC (and car) is running, setting the IGN swich off will cause the PC to do a graceful restart.

is it possible the battery is not producing enough voltage (below the 11 volt min) across the constant line to power the PSU/PC? Since the PSU can "see" the IGN line and react when the car is running, the battery seems like the most likely suspect.

Thoughts?

VegasGuy

Have you measured voltage on your constant 12v line and your ignition-controlled line both with the ignition on and ignition off?

Something isn't right with the voltage, I'm guessing.

A flat battery could be the culprit. Measuring the voltage will tell you if that is the case.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Can't help your problem but nice avatar
      Click for my projects
      2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

Comment

<Deric> Great minds think alike...darn that Gravatar!

I just measured voltage on the battery and at the PSU constant source...12V+ at both ends. Now I'm depressed...bad PSU?

Comment

Originally posted by VegasGuy View Post
          <Deric> Great minds think alike...darn that Gravatar!

I just measured voltage on the battery and at the PSU constant source...12V+ at both ends. Now I'm depressed...bad PSU?
          Need when the car is on, and when the car is off.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Okay, here's what I see.

1. Voltage on Constant measured at the PSU connector (car off) - 12v+
            2. Voltage on Constant (car on) - 12v+
            3. Voltage on IGN (car off) - 0v
            4. Voltage on IGN (car on) - 12v+
            5. Bios set to "Last State" on power failure
            6. Win7 power settings to "balanced" - this is the default and has been working.

7. When I unplug and replug the unit with ACC on or engine started, PC starts normally.
            8. Cycling the IGN toggle causes the PC to reboot - expected and desired behavior
            9. Stopping the engine but leaving the ACC on - PC continues to operate.
            10. Stopping the engine and going all the wat to off - PC stops immediately - no shutdown control at all and the PC will not restart unless the power plug is removed and re-inserted.

batter up.....

Comment

Is this a real M2 in there? Your problem sounds like a firmware problem I read about a while back on the chinese knock offs. How many mounting points does your M2 have on it? 2 or 4?
              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Without pulling it out of the case, I can't say, although its very well mounted so I suspect 4. Its the one sold with the MCS Gen IV barebones system.

Link to specs:M2-ATX Specs

Comment

Okay, I pull the board and find 2 mounting screws, middle of each end. Chinese?

Comment

Working...
                  X