DC Socket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Socket?

What do you guys do to get your 8awg cable in to the back of your PCs? My M2-ATX-HV PSU is inside my case and I want a clean install, so a panel mount socket/plug sorta thing would be ideal, obviously needs to be able to take the amps etc though...

Any ideas?

Originally posted by TheGuv View Post
    What do you guys do to get your 8awg cable in to the back of your PCs? My M2-ATX-HV PSU is inside my case and I want a clean install, so a panel mount socket/plug sorta thing would be ideal, obviously needs to be able to take the amps etc though...

Any ideas?
    The AC female plug from an old powersupply and a cut up AC cord works well. I use a four wire trailer connector it depends how many wires. some folks do not use the amp turn on feature so you would just 3 I use it so I went with 4.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Positive & Ground for the PC then amp remote cable?

Was thinking about using an clover-leaf cable for the PC, rated 230v AC @ 15amp which should be ok for 12v DC @ 15amp? Not gonna melt or anything is it? lol

Comment

Went for this in the end, I wanted something that'll be safe when unplugged, and locked securely in when plugged in... This IMO is ideal for meeting my requirements and the other bonus is it's unlikely that someone will try to plug it in using a normal PC/Laptop cable plugged into a 230v socket...

Neutrik NAC3 PowerCon 20A A-type Power Connectors

Comment

Working...
        X