Power Supply for Foxconn RS233 ITX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply for Foxconn RS233 ITX

I'm just getting started with my first CarPC. I have installed the Lilliput EBY701-NP/C/T 7" Touch Screen in my 2000 Impala and it looks great. So far, I have only used it with my Laptop. I purchased the Foxconn RS233 ITX this week. Now I have to decide what DC-DC power supply to purchase. Here are my proposed specs...

Lilliput EBY701-NP/C/T 7"
    Foxconn RS233 ITX
    1.6GHz Intel Atom
    1.5TB Seagate 3.5" SATA HDD
    2GB DDR2 533 (PC2 4200)
    PCI 802.11g card
    USB GPS Receiver
    USB Radio/TV Tuner
    USB Webcam
    USB Connection for tethering 3G (Windows Mobile Phone)
    USB Connection for IPOD
    USB Bluetooth Dongle
    USB Optical Drive

I was looking at the M4-ATX, but I'm worried that this might be overkill. I like that you can purchase an enclosure for it from Mini-Box, but I'm afraid the enclosure won't fit in my case anyway, as it has a long, slim power supply and I'm not familiar with the standards of these smaller cases. The power supply that came with my PC is a 150W PSU. I would prefer to mod as little as possible to get this job done, so a DC-DC power supply that could mount in my case would be ideal (wouldn't it always be?) but I guess I really just want to buy the right PSU for the job. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I can't find anyone on the board who has purchased this particular PC.

update

Update... My power supply is a TFX, so the enclosure for the M4-ATX (SFX w/ optional ATX adapter) will definitely be too big. I guess I'll have to find a work-around for that. The more I read about the m4-ATX, the more I think it is the best decision for the money even if I don't need 250 watts.

Comment

Working...
    X