Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSATX Bricked, anyone else has similar experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX Bricked, anyone else has similar experience?

It seems that the current generation of DSATX on mp3car has some sort of problem. Instead of just sending it back for repair, I'd like to get to the bottom of it. I know I didn't do anything wrong because I did everything the exact same way I do with my older DSATX (minutes before), and everything is worked flawlessly. Here is the problem: The DSATX works flawlessly out of the box, but the moment i attempt to do any sort of modifications using the brainstem the DSATX would completely die. No output on any rails, no lights, nothing. When i attempt to firmware upgrade the system responses to the restart and begins updating, but never finishes. This is my second one from mp3car. I have contacted jeff, and I'm awaiting his response.

i havent seen any other posts indicating there's an overall issue with the product so i dont think there's an issue with the mp3car batch of DSATX (hope not i'm ordering one today). Jeff's support of his hardware is top notch so i'm sure he'll get to the bottom of it for you.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

The thing is, most people do not need to change any parameters with the DSATX, because it works great out of the box. Hence if there was a problem, its probably not that obvious. I do hope its an isolated issue. Really, for my new DSATX the only parameter i need to change is the lowtemp, because it gets below -40*C here, so if i don't change the parameter I won't be able to use the carpc for most of winter.

Comment

I bricked one, but it was out of the one year warranty, so I bought another one for sale. Wish I could fix the first one though, so I could use on another car.

Never knew what was the cause, but I could update the firmware once (from 1.13 to 1.14 I think), no issues. I changed low volt and some timing issues, it worked for a while and then it simply stopped working, it was not dead, i tested every connector, 5v rail, was working fine, but no 12v output whatsover.
        Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
        Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

mine doesn't even feed the brainstem with any information. so i have no idea how to diagnose it.

Comment

Oh, I did that with a multimeter, the brainstem would report just garbage.
            Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
            Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Working...
            X