FM Modulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM Modulator

Yea I have an FM Modulator and i wanted to know how do i hook up the + and - wires to get power into the car i dont know where to connect those 2 wires can someone help me please thanx

You can connect it to the PC's power supply.

Comment

but if i connect it to the PC power supply how am i gonna get sound to my speakers its not gonna work

Comment

PC audio --->FM modulator~~~~~~Car radio ---->speakers.

Comment

Allow me to rephrase.

You have power to the PC right? (yes)

Your sound signal goes from the PC sound card to the FM modulator right? (yes)

if the PC is on the PC power supply outputs 12v power, use one of those 12v lines to power the FM modulator.

That means if the PC is on the modulator has power.
          TruckinMP3
          D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

but the thing is i cant hook up modulator because I dont have my stock radio anymore i replaced it with an indash LCD from www.digitalww.com

Comment

If you don't have a radio then a FM modulator is completely useless. You need to buy an amplifier.

PC_Soundcard ---> Amplifier ---> Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog
                but the thing is i cant hook up modulator because I dont have my stock radio anymore i replaced it with an indash LCD from www.digitalww.com
                OK, then why were you asking how to hookit up if you are not going to have a headunit in the car?

if you still need (in your mind) to use an FM modulator.... maybecause you have one, The first step will be to instal a headunit

have fun
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

I have no clue here, so let me just sum this up cause its kinda funny.

you want to know why your FM modulator(which sends out a FM signal for a radio to pick up and play) isnt working with your (non existant) stereo?

if you remove your stereo what would be playing the music?

Comment

you have plenty of options
                    -power supply of pc. since it does do 12+
                    -car cigarrette lighter another 12+
                    -or any place on the car such as HU wire, fuses, steering column bolts, ..i can keep going.

the only problem with pc power supply is the fm modulator is only on when the pc is on. But I suppose if you are using the modulator to get sound for your pc, then this is fine.

other options, the problem is if you accidentally leave it on when you turn your ignition off, then you can sap the battery. Ofcouse oyu can use a ignition live only source. But the problem with this is now you can only get sound when the ignition is ON. =)..

I would saw connect to thte pc.
                    Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

I think im gonna need an amp because im taking out my stock head unit and how would i put power to the speackers
                      if i power the modulator to the pc where would i put the RCA cables going out of the modulator

Comment

Dude. Dude..

Just stop.

If you are removing the headunit, throw out the modulator. It's useless . Hook your pc directly to your amp.
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog
                          I think im gonna need an amp because im taking out my stock head unit and how would i put power to the speackers
                          if i power the modulator to the pc where would i put the RCA cables going out of the modulator
                          Modulators don't have RCAs coming out, they have RCAs going in. They have a modulated RF signal coming out on an aerial lead which plugs into your headunit.

I agree with frodobaggins, just give it up

Rob
                          Old Systems retired due to new car
                          New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Like i said

1. Im not giving up
                            2. Im just gonna buy an amp to power my inside speakers that way i can plug the rcas from the PC to the amp and not use the modulator ill power speakers through amp and get sound like that

thanks for all your help though

Comment

yes THAT you can do...

but are you aware of what a FM modulator is? it would have taken the sound, and broadcast it as a radio station, 88.7 I think is typical... and then youd turn on your radio(in your headunit) and go to the station and get the sound, intensity of the signal doesnt matter cause your antenna is no more than 10 feet away from the source.

but if theres no radio to recieve and play the signal, it could not possibly work! its like tossing a frisbee to someone with no hands!

but regaurdless, going directly into an amp will get you much better reception anyway. only downside is that you lose your FM radio and what not. and have to play cds through your computer, but Im sure there are things you can buy that will let you hook in your antenna and play radio stations through a computer, cant be that hard to do since chips the size of a quarter can do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X