Only a 4pin Molex connector?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only a 4pin Molex connector?

The board I got gets its power from a 4 pin molex connector. I powered it with a external HD enclosure no problem, but now I am looking for a power supply for my car, but I am wondering if my board doesn't have a atx plug-in or w/e and I just use the accessory molex connector does it still have that auto on/auto shutdown function and everything?

If not what are my options to have my computer turn on with my ignition automatically and either hibernate or safe shutoff when I turn my car off.

Carnetix.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I was actually leaning towards the http://store.mp3car.com/OPUS_120_wat..._p/pwr-013.htm

Comment

the opus will work too. I prefer the M2.

EDIT: Disregard! (didn't understand OP's situation)
        OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
        Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
        Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
        BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
        M2-ATX Power Supply
        RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
        Windows XP SP3

Comment

It will still Auto start/Auto shutdown and everything even though the atx pin is not be utilized only the 4 pin molex connector will be used? (I still want my computer hooked up through the molex connector to auto star with power and auto safe shutdown..)

Comment

I wouldn't use an M2 or Opus 120w for this, as they are designed designed for ATX compliant hardware, which that motherboard is not.
            It can be made to work, but it's kluugy on the best of days. If you want a reliable setup, then kluugey is not the way to go.

The Opus 80w may fit your needs, so long as the whole setup an fit within a power box of 80w. The Carnetix units offer higher wattage output, which means more flexibility for your setup.
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

This is the diagram I am using to go off this board. It looks like it takes very minimal power for this board. I was told I can use a 12v power adapter (one that plugs into the wall) for home testing and it will power the board, HD, and fan on the board. I am hoping to power a little bit more than that (fm radio, gps, disc drive etc..)

ftp://data.aaeon.com.tw/DOWNLOAD/Dat...Gene-6310B.pdf

I don't see how the 80w Opus wouldn't suffice..? I will look into it thanks. I was just confused that these PSU only support the functions I want/need by using the atx or w/e connector and plugging it into my mb which I do not have (only the molex.)

Comment

you should be able to use a standard atx power supply, but you will need to get a power supply fooling device which will turn the power supply on.

Comment

Originally posted by coreyspeed View Post
                  you should be able to use a standard atx power supply, but you will need to get a power supply fooling device which will turn the power supply on.
                  That would be the kluuginess that I soke of previously.
                  And that "device" is nothing more than shorting a couple pint on the ATX connector.
                  How about the Wiki?

Comment

Originally posted by coreyspeed View Post
                    Really? but it sounds somewhat reasonable...

Comment

http://www.gideontech.com/content/articles/196/1

try following this guide, i was looking for an atx connector that is allready shorted out so will turn on the supply but i cant find it anymore

Edit: found it http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/prod...roducts_id=309

Comment

On my Lanner (http://www.lannerinc.com/Embedded___...Cards/IAC-H672) I have the same 4 pin Molex, and I have used a standard M1-ATX PS. You just need to connect +12V, +5V and GND from ATX connector on PS to the Molex. On my board there is a connector named ATXC1 where I have GND, +5 V STby and PSB5ON. Then connect +5VSB from PS ATX connector to the dedicated connector on the board (+5 V STby) and, finally, the PSON from ATX PS to the PSB5ON on the board. Last one is the power switch contact from the M1-ATX to the board (on my is in the ATXE1 connector). I think you will have all you need on your board , because i see that they offer an Optional Accessory 1702200205 Conversion Cable for AT to ATX Power Supply (200 10 mm).
                        --------------------------------------------
                        It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand !--------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X