Plexi PSU wiring...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexi PSU wiring...

ok, so i started on making my plexi case today. I am using a regular 250watt PSU (NOT dc-dc) and i wanted to shrink it down a bit and make it out of plexi also (never seen this done). I opened up the PSU and was looking at it when i noticed the ground wire attached to the PSU casing. If i use plexi i would have to attach the ground wire to the plexi, and it wont be grounded properly.

1.) How do you guys ground when using a plexi case, even if it is a regular PSU??

2.) What do you think of a plexi PSU??

Thanks.
    2004 F-150
    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

If it's going in your car, just take that grounding wire and extend it out to where you ground everything else. If you're doing it for a PC in your home, extend that ground wire and attach it to the inside of your case.

Comment

ok, that sounds like it will work.

yep, its going in the car. I will just extend the cable and attach it to the car body i guess. It needs to be taken out easily too.

How about when i take the case inside and turn it on...what do i do then??
      2004 F-150
      Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
      "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

The ground wire is used to ground the case through the psu (case>psu>ac outlet gnd). I've got a wooden case at the moment, and dont have any problems between the components without the metal of the case to ground them together. And there's a company out there that makes the U shaped piece of the psu cover out of plexi for those people that want their psu to be "unique." Otherwise, you should be fine. Theres even a tutorial out there somewhere on how to fit a standard atx psu into a cdrom drive.
        -Nick

Comment

so if you use a plex case setup do you need to ground the cards in the motherboard ?
          FEEL THE RUSH
          P4 1.7, 1gb sdram, 40gb 7200, ati dual video, 5.6" In dash, 13" lcd touch screen in back.
          96 gt conv. Mustang

Comment

Working...
          X