Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Try one of these? (ROEM-X OEM Keyless Entry Input Circuit)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone Try one of these? (ROEM-X OEM Keyless Entry Input Circuit)

    I just ordered it and was wondering if anyone ever tried it before? I did a search but came up with nothing.

    http://curioustech.home.insightbb.com/remote.html

    Thanks,
    Dave

  • #2
    Never heard of it either........looks interesting, keep us posted
    "A rose by any other name is still a flower"

    Comment


    • #4
      I've tried it. Those haven't actually sold much yet. People probably don't know what they are, but you're soon to find out. If you have any questions or need any help, you can always email me and I'll be subscribed to this thread.

      Comment


      • #5
        might just have to be a guinea pig for this here! Subscribing!
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by Curiosity View Post
          I've tried it. Those haven't actually sold much yet. People probably don't know what they are, but you're soon to find out. If you have any questions or need any help, you can always email me and I'll be subscribed to this thread.
          Thanks, I will tel you know if I need anything. By the way does this kill the link to the ignition all together? meaning turning on and off the ignition no longer turns the pc on and off? not a big deal since I dont think I have ever used the key to open the door. But just wondering if there is a way to have both.

          I will keep everyone posted as soon as I get it and get a chance to try it out, I realy hope it works out, since I had to rebuild my pc I desiced to try win7 and it is great and the sound quality of my onboard sound card is 10X better then with XP, must have better drivers. But the isssue is that it takes a little longer to boot up, (20 sec) and if this does work I will be able to start the PC before I get into the car and it should be at least closer to ready by the time I get in. The best part is that it works with your OEM keyless entry.

          Comment


          • #7
            I just checked it out, cool idea. Put some on Ebay, see if they sell.
            Ampie Case
            2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
            Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
            Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
            M2-ATX-HV

            2005 Honda Civic

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by davedave1234 View Post
              Thanks, I will tel you know if I need anything. By the way does this kill the link to the ignition all together? meaning turning on and off the ignition no longer turns the pc on and off? not a big deal since I dont think I have ever used the key to open the door. But just wondering if there is a way to have both.
              It works both ways. Turning the key on and off will be the same. The remote unlock bypasses the key until you put the key in or press lock. Same goes for the wired button. There are also some other features like tapping the button and turning the key off to leave it on until you turn the key back on.

              Comment


              • #9
                Another question. Per your site

                Note: While the ROEM-P will automatically detect negative locks, it will consume 3.8mA instead of 2.2mA when idle, so request ROEM-N for negative locks.
                does this mean the ROEM-P will work with both types of locks? I'm 90% sure my RSX is negative but if the ROEM-P works with both i'll go ahead and order it today
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                Comment


                • #10
                  Yeah, the P one works either way. That's probably the only one I should make since it's automatic. Also, the cheaper one comes with the button so just order that one.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Curiosity View Post
                    Yeah, the P one works either way. That's probably the only one I should make since it's automatic. Also, the cheaper one comes with the button so just order that one.
                    Ordered. Just when i think i'm all done with the car PC install someone has to put something else out there! lol
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Looks interesting. I might buy this if I can figure out which wire is the lock/unlock wire on my aftermarket alarm. Seems simple enough to install and pretty cheap.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Toxic0n View Post
                        Looks interesting. I might buy this if I can figure out which wire is the lock/unlock wire on my aftermarket alarm. Seems simple enough to install and pretty cheap.
                        See if your alarm outputs a pulse on any AUX channel, it'll do the same thing.
                        Ampie Case
                        2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                        Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                        Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                        M2-ATX-HV

                        2005 Honda Civic

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Oh yeah, it is set up for momentary inputs, so a constant trigger won't work. The input can do single wire toggle though. AUX could be used to toggle it on/off. Or like I mentioned AUX and lock for on and off, or unlock and lock, or AUX to toggle and lock for off, or whatever.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                            See if your alarm outputs a pulse on any AUX channel, it'll do the same thing.
                            It does have an AUX channel but I am not sure if it is a pulse or momentary. It's a compustar 2wfm

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X