Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX wont power up, no LED

Hey,

I finally got my system all hooked up on my test bench and with the DSATX nothing happens. I tried with a regular AC-DC power supply from my desktop and it works fine, but when using the DSATX nothing happens.

I tried with a switch on the ACC line and with it wired directly to the +12v constant line (always on). I have pins 13 and 14 on the desktop power supplies 20 pin connector bridged so it thinks its connected to a motherboard. I checked the fuse and its good. The 4 pin header ot the motherboard is connected.

Mother boards a D945GCLF2 btw, works fine with a desktop power supply.

When I flip the switch to the desktop power supply that is powering my DSATX the LED on my mother board as well as the mouse light up for about a second then off. The LED on the DSATX never blinks or even turns on or anything.

This Power Supply was bought used so I dont even know if it works, I was told that it does but who knows.

Is there any way to know if the power supply just doesnt work and I should buy a new one?

Thanks,
    Bryan
    New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

do a reset by shorting out the pins as described by jeff in the DSATX FAQ section.

Comment

checked the fuse and it looks to be ok, im guessing the 12v rail on the desktop power supply is ok since i plugged a hard drive in to make sure it was power it properly. I'll have to go out n buy a voltmeter and check to make sure tho
      New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

Originally posted by BCasey View Post
        Hey,

When I flip the switch to the desktop power supply that is powering my DSATX the LED on my mother board as well as the mouse light up for about a second then off. The LED on the DSATX never blinks or even turns on or anything.
        Have you tried switching the MB power-on connector? If it is not connected right to the DSATX, the MB starts for a second and then turns itself off. So try inverting the power on (d0 on the dsatx) wires to your mb.
        Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
        Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

first thing we should ask is... do you have a brainstem connected?
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

no brainstem, i tried switching the power on connector, i tried using it in dumb mode.

One thing I came across is this post

If your DSATX serial number ends in 4805, there is a 50/50 chance that it will develop a firmware glitch unless you've sent it back to be updated.
            my serial number does infact end with 4805 so this could be my issue.

I'm just not sure how to go forward from here now

EDIT: Also when the motherboard is connected to my desktop power supply and i turn the power supply on the mouse and led on the MB turn on for a second just like when connected to the DSATX, so that doesnt seem to be anything related to my issue just something that seems to happen when the MB gets power

EDIT #2: Might as well post the thread I got the info from
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/powe...x-problem.html
            New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

hmm nice find i'll have to check my serial
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Working...
              X