Carnetix P1900 & Dell Mini 9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnetix P1900 & Dell Mini 9

Back in 05 I did a Mac Mini install in my Jeep. Well, it's 2009 and I just installed (almost) everything in my Civic. I took apart my Dell Mini 9 and soldered on the old Mac Mini power-button cable.

Well, I don't know what to do next. How do I hook it up my CNX-P1900? Are they compatible? I think they should be...

Here's the information from my volt-ohm meter:
    When turned off I have 11.83~5 volts
    When pressed to turn on I have 8.2 volts
    When turned on I have on I have 2.74 volts

If I switch the OHM meter around it acts as if the button is depressed. Is any of this normal?

Help? Anyone?

Thanks for your replies
    -Alan
    My Mac Jeep

Well, I took a chance and hooked up the positive (in my case green) wire to the ACPI wire on the P1900 and the black wire to the LCD ground. Nothing happened when flipping the valet switch on nor when the one minute shutdown happened. I was afraid there would be some problem.

Here's some more information: To reach between the laptop and the P1900 I cut up and spliced a USB extension cable. I choose both the green and black cables to carry the signal. I soldered the connecting end to the USB wires. I then wound and taped P1900 wires to the matching USB end. I did test the cable with a AA battery and there were no problems.

Did I choose the wrong cable? Should I use something else? I'm kind of out of ideas here :/
    My Mac Jeep

Comment

Do you have the other wire for the ACPI wires (shown on my image)? It should connect to your ACPI jumper inside your P1900.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rgarjr View Post
        Do you have the other wire for the ACPI wires (shown on my image)? It should connect to your ACPI jumper inside your P1900.
        Oh wow. No I don't. I didn't realize that wire actually hooked to a jumper. I just thought I would attach the green wire from the harness.

FYI I have the original 1.X P1900.
        My Mac Jeep

Comment

yeah I don't know if that jumper inside the P1900 is has the same purpose as the wires on the harness. Guess you need to look into it.

Comment

Working...
          X