M3-ATX 125 question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3-ATX 125 question...

Just a quick question about the M3-ATX sold in the mp3car.com store, would it work with the Intel D201GLY(2) motherboard I have? The specific question I have is the P4 pin for the CPU. I dont see one on the power controller and all the googling and searching I have done can not defiantly tell me if it will work or power the board without those pins. I know that those 4 Pin is needed according to this site.

If it will work, but needs some modding (other than that scary mod on the above site) anyone have any ideas how to achieve that with minimal Y Splitters? Just trying to tap other minds for the best solution. I know 2 or 3 Y splitters will get the effect, however is that the best way?

Again thanks for any help!

[edit] More googling made me find that this board SHOULD have some SATA ports, (The Carputer is with my car, being worked on...) with that said, I wont need the Hard Drive power, use one splitter there with the CPU 4 pin and the SATA power for the Laptop Hard drive. Should be perfect.

Suggestions if thats the best way to go?
    ~Fin~
    My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

yes, you will need a 4 pin molex to p4 power adapter.

help support the forums-- the store sells them too .
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I'll get the M3-ATX and the Molex cable as soon as my wife (The accountant) allows it... After that, I can get rid of that ginourmous Power Supply and 400W inverter and hopefully get rid of the Whine I hear at higher volumes. THEN, remake the case a bit smaller and more appealing... Stupid PS2 Case!!!

Thanks again!
      ~Fin~

Comment

The M3ATX works really well in my car and its small footprint helps with a discreet install.

One thing to look out for is that if you want custom power off times you will need to program it via a serial cable connection (which you have to buy seperately) which plugs into a mobo header.

Comment

Just a regular serial cable? Like a Cisco Switch Console Cable (Cat5 to 9 pin)? I didnt know that, figured it was a jumper setting or something... If its a Cisco console cable, then no sweat, I have TONS of those...after the console cable issue is fixed, hyperterm in? or Putty?

Thanks Fridge, now I need to try and research this! Good info.
          ~Fin~

Comment

Nah its a custom cable from the M3 to a motherboard header style connector.
            It does come with a few defaults set via a jumper which may suite though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fridgemagnet
              Nah its a custom cable from the M3 to a motherboard header style connector.
              It does come with a few defaults set via a jumper which may suite though.
              Okay, so where can i order that? Didnt see it on the store site. Comes with instructions?
              ~Fin~

Comment

Working...
              X