Mi carPC project...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi carPC project...

I have a carPC project, but I want to listen if somebody was try before this config...

AMD Athlon II 245
    2GB DDRII ram (1stick)
    Mainboard Foxconn Nvidia NF 6150
    DVD RW
    HDD Seagate 3.5" 250GB or 500GB
    Soundblaster Audigy
    TV and FM tuner card
    4 USB accesories

I'm not sure about the PSU, because the processor is not avaiable in web PSU calculator.

I read about M4-ATX 250W PSU, what do you think about this PSU?
    AMD sempron 140 (underclocked to 1.8Ghz) - foxconn 740G motherboard - 2GB DDRII - 320GB HDD (Laptop) - Power inverter - Lilliput 8 inch LED LCD... project under test...
    ride: Ford Taurus 1988 SW

Originally posted by masaki View Post
    I have a carPC project, but I want to listen if somebody was try before this config...

AMD Athlon II 245
    2GB DDRII ram (1stick)
    Mainboard Foxconn Nvidia NF 6150
    DVD RW
    HDD Seagate 3.5" 250GB or 500GB
    Soundblaster Audigy
    TV and FM tuner card
    4 USB accesories

I'm not sure about the PSU, because the processor is not avaiable in web PSU calculator.

I read about M4-ATX 250W PSU, what do you think about this PSU?
    Why are you going with such a high end setup?
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

a 250W psu might not do it for you with such a high end system, you may need to go with something a bit more powerful. I'm curious as to what kev asked, there's really no reason to go with such a high power system.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

about config...

my old config was an intel Atom mobo, and I have some problem to play some videos, so I want a more powerfull config, I found the AMD 245 processor very cheap, thats why I choose this config. my other option is a ion mobo, but here in my country is not avaiable...

(I set the processor speed to 1.6Ghz manually)

PS:
        I forget to say, Im from Peru... (sorry for my english)
        AMD sempron 140 (underclocked to 1.8Ghz) - foxconn 740G motherboard - 2GB DDRII - 320GB HDD (Laptop) - Power inverter - Lilliput 8 inch LED LCD... project under test...

Comment

2gb of ram is a lot for just watching videos.

Also the power supply may not be powerful enough to power all of that, I suggest using this power calculator to see what the minimum power your psu should put out.

Comment

result from calculator...
            1 physical CPU
            Athlon II X2 245 (underclocked to 1.8Ghz) (40W)
            1 stick DDRII SDram (2GB)
            1 video card Nvidia 6200 (I don't have this, but since the chipset have intgratted 6150 graphics...)
            1 regular SATA HDD
            1 DVD RW drive
            1 PCI soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
            1 generic TV/FM tuner
            5 USB devices
            1 fan 80mm
            System Load 90% (recomended)

Minimun PSU wattage: 190W (without DVD 164W)

I will change the regular SATA with a laptop 2.5" HDD and add a usb DVD external powered....

Comment

if you have doubts of not having enough power then get an OPUS 360watt PSU

Comment

Originally posted by masaki View Post
                result from calculator...
                1 physical CPU
                Athlon II X2 245 (underclocked to 1.8Ghz) (40W)
                1 stick DDRII SDram (2GB)
                1 video card Nvidia 6200 (I don't have this, but since the chipset have intgratted 6150 graphics...)
                1 regular SATA HDD
                1 DVD RW drive
                1 PCI soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
                1 generic TV/FM tuner
                5 USB devices
                1 fan 80mm
                System Load 90% (recomended)

Minimun PSU wattage: 190W (without DVD 164W)

I will change the regular SATA with a laptop 2.5" HDD and add a usb DVD external powered....
                Oh. In that case it looks good to me if you are going to underclock.

Comment

You can't look only at total power you need to look at current draw for each rail...
                  openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
                  - Always Recruiting Developers -
                  Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

what kind of video are you trying to play? dvd, or any standard def video should play fine. It's when you get into high def that you would need to worry about the atom not being able to cut it (ION excepted of course).

At any rate, get a big opus and hope that your alternator doesn't die in a few months.
                    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
                    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
                    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

I have some H264 videos in 852x480 resolution and half HD, the atom play the video, but the audio are not synchronized, or lost synchro after a few minutes...

the other reason, is because I want to use some audio correction via soft (delay, eq, and other...) so, I ned a little more power for processing..

I have a generic chinese PSU with no brand... (for 12V not for car use, 250W rated... thats what they say) and seem s to run ok! I suppose the M4 ATX will work too..

somebody recomend me opus, where I can buy opus PSU (with a good price...)

About my alternator... I have a ford taurus V6 3.0 with an aftermarket alternator (hehr alternator 150A 14.5V)

Comment

It sound's like you didn't encode the videos properly.....try using a CBR audio stream instead of a VBR.

Comment

I don't think is bad encoding, when I play the video in my other computers, the video run ok, the problem is only present in intel atom motherboard... maybe a ion will play it...

Comment

not a bad encoding just not an encoding thats good for a slower pc....
                            when the cpu can't keep up with the decoding it starts dropping frames, but it can't do that with variable bitrate audio so that audio starts to get out of sync. ION will fix the problem, just wanted to give you a cheaper fix in case you wanted to save some cash

Comment

Working...
                            X