Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring help

Hi all,

Finally got some items (used ... but at least it is start)... however, I need some help figuring out these power lines.

Basic setup:
    voompc with jetway, power is M2-ATX also have an external plug for home testing ... problem is that not sure how these wires should together
    I have been downloading and reading manuals to figure this out. However, some basic concepts are still escaping me ...

I figured I'd bother you guys here instead of blowing up parts.

Here are pictures for the puzzle. Comments are above the pictures.

Question:
    This is the power adapter cable. Dumb question but which wire is the ground?
    pure black or black with white strip?

Note: molex connector from the M2-ATX ... simple enough on this side, but if I'm wrong could you point this out?
    red = positive (battery)
    white = ignition
    black = ground

connector that plugs into the M2-ATX molex.
    should just fit on

Ok here comes the fun part:
    1st picture is for a kill switch and the 2 is for a Y-splitter setup.

phew!

1st question:
    Can the white wire (12v ignition) just tag into something like the cigarette lighter plug or should I find a more sturdier power source near the key switch? I do have an available power source on my engine starter harness.

2nd question:
    I'm been staring at the wires for a few hours now and I'm really worried about just plugging up and blowing up something. At least with a radio you just fry a fuse ... not a mobo

what I think I know:
    red (12v) goes to battery in some form.
    white (12v) goes to lighter or some other start on power source
    black -- ground.

what I obviously don't know:
    Which wires go where to utilize the switch?
    And
    Can I just plug the black/white black wires for the adapter to the molex from the M2?
    will need to know which is positive.

Thanks and really sorry for the newbie stuff.
Working...
X