help with the acpi header?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with the acpi header?

hey i'm currently working on my carputer and hit a bit of a snag.
    i'll start with some specs(ish)

Acer Aspire Revo R3600
    ->dual-core Atom 330 mother board

carnetix p1900 power regulator

in the instal manual, i'm looking at page 20 and it says i need to connect the ACPI to its header on the board.

heres the problem. i dont know what or where the header is on my board! there is some pins near called cm09 near the card reader but i dunno! any help is appreciated!!
    http://gamercard.zaamit.com/nxe/da+guy+there.jpg

Planning stage 100%
    resource gathering 80%
    Build stage 20%
    Total Completion NEVER!

I googled and found this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_snaps/3767888634/

If I understand correctly, the ACPI headers may be a bank of pins.
    Near where the red dot is in the lower-right corner of the photo.

If nothing else, the photo gives you the model number, and you can probably google that to find a decent motherboard diagram.

Good luck!
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

thats the only thing i can spot too. thanks for the help iu'll give it a go. suprised there isnt any more stuff on acpi. every google link i looked at were just software stuff. thanks again!

Planning stage 100%
      resource gathering 80%
      Build stage 20%
      Total Completion NEVER!

Comment

The ACPI header is just another word for the power button header. If there isn't a seperate power button header on the Acer, you may need to splice directly into the power button wires. The P1900 provides two ACPI outputs, one will short to ground, and the isolated one shorts the two wires together. Usually that's the one you want.

Comment

Originally posted by kross View Post
          The ACPI header is just another word for the power button header. If there isn't a seperate power button header on the Acer, you may need to splice directly into the power button wires. The P1900 provides two ACPI outputs, one will short to ground, and the isolated one shorts the two wires together. Usually that's the one you want.
          could you give a little more detail if possible? what will happen if i plug it into the wrong place? be it the pin header on the bottom right as DarquePervert said or the tactile switch on the daughter motherboard.

is there any serious ramifcations if i try to power it up?

thanks for the help so far

Planning stage 100%
          resource gathering 80%
          Build stage 20%
          Total Completion NEVER!

Comment

Hi, did you get an update on this at all?

I'm looking at hooking up my Revo to a P1900 the same way you are and have hit the same snag. The Mobo doesn't label which of the pins on the ACPI bank are for 12V & GND.. and the power switch looks like it might simply bridge two pins, but I can't be sure and don't want to fry my Revo!

Comment

i tried it the way discussed above(the bank of pins) and no luck so i took a chance and soldered the wires to the pins of the tactile switch on the motherboard. cant remember which ones right off the top of my head but as far as i remember it doesnt matter which pins you connect to it still turns on and off the comp as normal. i tested it first using spare wire. it seems to have worked ok for me!

ha is such a coincidence i just started work on the comp again today!

Planning stage 100%
              resource gathering 80%
              Build stage 20%
              Total Completion NEVER!

Comment

Cool, thanks for that.. I guess I'll have a play this weekend.

If you get five minutes to check though, I'd appreciate it if you can verify which wires on the switch you tapped into..

Comment

could you post a picture as to the wires you soldered to i just purchased this and dont know where to solder the wires for the p1900

Comment

I had to take a guess as there's NOTHING out there on the web, so this is probably going to be a reference pic..lol

It's the right top two holes in this pic. Doesn't matter which way around you get them.
                    If you follow the PCB trace lines on the board you'll see they go to the power switch.

Comment

So these two correct and then which wires on from the P1900 do i solder on those two the grn-ACPI, whit iSNS or blu DLYON

Comment

Yep, those two.
                        It's the green ACPI ones you need.. I soldered two CPU fan wires to them, and joined them to the P1900 ones with a fan connector so I can remove the Revo whenever I want, leaving the PSU in place etc.

Comment

theres only one green acpi is the other one the white and does it matter which is to which.

so do you not even use that part anymore in your motherboard anymore and just connect the fan connector to the pins on the motherboard, and forget about those two usb slots

Comment

sorry it took soo long for me to get back to you!

bloody exams!

i solders the 2 wires here. doesnt matter which goes where as far as i know as all it does is complete the circuit!

Planning stage 100%
                            resource gathering 80%
                            Build stage 20%
                            Total Completion NEVER!

Comment

Working...
                            X