Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy A/C power receptacle for car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy A/C power receptacle for car?

I am looking to find something similar to: http://www.rongfeng.com.tw/PDF/recep.../SS-6B1-NY.PDF

Does anyone know where I can find and buy one, all sites I've found require you to buy bulk...

Thanks

You need an inverter to take the ~12vDC and convert it to AC.
    Those receptacles aren't going to power an7ything until it has 110vAC going through it, and to achieve that you need an inverter.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I have an inverter, I ruined the similar receptacles that were on it when trying to desolder them. Therefore, I need to find new ones that I can use to remotely mount on the side of my center console.

Thanks

Comment

Maybe buy a new inverter, leave it intact, and use a SHORT extension cord.

Comment

That would be too easy, plus I'm remotely mounting the switch anyway... A new inverter would be another $55 anyway (after shipping)... Surely a new receptacle is not nearly as much.

Comment

eh, even $5 parts usually end up costing me almost $20 in shipping. for the couple extra bucks, get a new inverter...
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

I don't mean to sound rude but I'm really looking to buy the parts. Therefore, does anyone know where I can purchase them individually?

I appreciate your feedback and input but this is a good learning exp for me and avoiding the situation or taking the easy way out does not allow me to get any experience. Who knows, next time it may be a $300 device.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by DevonZ View Post
                I don't mean to sound rude but I'm really looking to buy the parts. Therefore, does anyone know where I can purchase them individually?

I appreciate your feedback and input but this is a good learning exp for me and avoiding the situation or taking the easy way out does not allow me to get any experience. Who knows, next time it may be a $300 device.

Thanks again.
                i completely understand:

the one your looking for is called a snap in receptacle. a quick listing:
                http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ell=1&oi=spell

digikey also carries some, not sure if the search will link properly, so the first link is the search, the second is for one of the first ones that came up:
                http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk....dll?Selection
                http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...l&name=Q227-ND

you can also check at allied-elec.com, mouser.com, goldmine-elec.com, and electronicsexpress.com

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks soundman.

Comment

Question, if these are mounted on the inside of the center console - do I need to do anything to hide the exposed terminals? If so, what would you suggest?

Comment

heat shrink tubing, or electrical tape usually works good for me.

next project? subaru brz
                      carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                      X