Pac TR-4 To Serial Wiring Help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac TR-4 To Serial Wiring Help...

...I've got a TR-4 and everything to wire up a serial connection to the CarPC.... but I can't find anything explicit enough on how to wire it all up.

I know that I need a 12v live to the battery connection on the Tr-4
    I know that I need the remote wire from the TR-4 to my amps
    I know that I need Pin-4 of the serial connection to the TR-4 low voltage input

Does the Pac unit need to be grounded on another pin on the serial connection, or to somewhere else?

Thanks!
    KimmyBean> Stu, you know that cybersex we had?
    KimmyBean> I'm pregnant!

Originally posted by VorTechs View Post
    ...I've got a TR-4 and everything to wire up a serial connection to the CarPC.... but I can't find anything explicit enough on how to wire it all up.

I know that I need a 12v live to the battery connection on the Tr-4
    I know that I need the remote wire from the TR-4 to my amps
    I know that I need Pin-4 of the serial connection to the TR-4 low voltage input

Does the Pac unit need to be grounded on another pin on the serial connection, or to somewhere else?

Thanks!
    Nope.... you only need to coonect the signal line to PIN 5 of the serial port (if I remember correctly), then the ground simply goes to any solid ground point. So only one wire to the serial port.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation on the ground! (Although it's definately Pin-4 and not 5 for the DTR signal)

I'll be wiring up in the next few days, once I get my monitor back up and running which has decided to stop working AGAIN. Gah!
      KimmyBean> Stu, you know that cybersex we had?
      KimmyBean> I'm pregnant!

Comment

Originally posted by VorTechs View Post
        Thanks for the confirmation on the ground! (Although it's definately Pin-4 and not 5 for the DTR signal)

I'll be wiring up in the next few days, once I get my monitor back up and running which has decided to stop working AGAIN. Gah!
        Your Welcome..... I was close, lol..... Good Luck!
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
        X