Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VoomPC Case with M2-ATX supply having j8 problems

It appears that my M2 is having issues.

During bench testing with a 20a ham power supply, the M2 will power up properly.

However, when I disconnect the ignition power, the M2 will simply drop power to the mobo after about 7 seconds.

About 5 seconds after that, power comes back on to the mobo, then shuts off after 1 second, this cycle repeats until i physically kill power alltogether.

I have tried different polarities running from j8 to the mobo power header with no difference. As a matter of fact, this happens whether j8 is connected or not.

Please help!

Is the M2 in dumb mode?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

What is the output voltage of the 20A ham power supply ?
      I wonder if either it or the M2 is over-voltage tripping when there is a load change.
      VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator
      Build 90% Apps 50% Install 10%

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
        Is the M2 in dumb mode?
        I like DP's question here. Here's a link to the M2-ATX manual. On page 2 and 3 it talks about the different jumper settings for power functions with the M2. Try setting it to P1 then try connecting & powering up the M2 with the PSU.
        FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
        My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

Sorry, did not provide enough information. It was late and I was tired.

The M2 is in P1 mode. Tried also in P4 with the same results. (slightly longer delay till it killed power i seem to remember)

The power supply is putting out 13.75v steady

The motherboard is a jetway jnc62k.

Once i am up and running (after switching the power supply OFF, then back on after a few seconds) all is fine. It just freaks out after i simulate key off by disconnecting the ACC line.

I can manually initiate a hibernate by shorting the power pins on the motherboard and that works fine.

Hooking my meter up to the J8 leads, either it shorts them so fast i cant see it on the meter, or it does not short them at all.

Comment

I guess I would test it in the car next to see if you have the same issues. If you don't it could just be something with the way the HAM PSU is providing power/the way the M2 senses it.

Comment

Well darn. It appears that even testing with an actual car battery produces the same problem.

Am I just SOL now? The unit is out of warranty I imagine. Though, now that I think of it, I don't know how long the warranty is actually.

Any other advise would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

How old is the M2 you purchased? You can always contact 'em and see if they'll do anything for ya.

Comment

It is a couple years old. 8(

I did contact them and pointed them at this thread as well.

Will let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks for the time and help!

Comment

Working...
                  X