Need 20 pin plus 4 pin PSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 20 pin plus 4 pin PSU

My mobo requires a 20 pin molex connector and a 4 pin 12V molex connector. I was looking at getting the 120W Opus PSU but I can't tell if it comes with the additional 4 pin connector or not. Pictures look like yes, manual looks like no. Is it possible to build one if it doesn't? I have the connectors and pins at work.

I was also wondering what gauge wire I should send to the PSU. I know this question has been asked a million times but I just want to make sure. The FAQ says I could get away with 14 guage, is this true? I have max 10' to go and this is my system:

POWER CONSUMPTION
    ITEM.............................................. ......AMPS (A).......VOLTS (V)............POWER (W)
    AMD Athlon 64 1640 2.7GHz............................................ ..................................45
    Sirius SC-C1 with Mitch's adapter....................1.00.................12 ........................12
    BU-353 GPS Receiver....................................0.5... ................5.........................2.5
    Rocketfish Bluetooth USB Receiver..................0.5....................5 ........................2.5
    Lilliput 889GL-80NP/C/T................................................. .................................<9
    Panasonic Slimline DVD player............................................ ..............................5
    HDD............................................... .................................................. ...........10

TOTAL............................................. .................................................. .........86
    PROGRESS:
    Hardware: 100%
    Software: 99% - Always upgrading and improving.
    Installation: 100%

WORKLOG:
    2005 F-150

I would say the Opus 120 with 12 AWG wire at least, probably 10, is you can. Which 4-pin molex do you need? The one for the processor or the 24-pin ATX connector?

This 4-pin plug(for the processor):

Or this one (24 pin ATX)?:
    After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
    New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Originally posted by Tical84 View Post
      My mobo requires a 20 pin molex connector and a 4 pin 12V molex connector. I was looking at getting the 120W Opus PSU but I can't tell if it comes with the additional 4 pin connector or not. Pictures look like yes, manual looks like no. Is it possible to build one if it doesn't? I have the connectors and pins at work.
      You can build or purchase a cable that taps a HDD power connector to supply the additional 12v to the 4-pin plug.

I was also wondering what gauge wire I should send to the PSU. I know this question has been asked a million times but I just want to make sure. The FAQ says I could get away with 14 guage, is this true? I have max 10' to go and this is my system:
      I recommend 12awg at a bare minimum, even for a lower-power system such as yours.
      Don't forget the fuse!
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by freeflashstuff View Post
        Which 4-pin molex do you need? The one for the processor or the 24-pin ATX connector?
        Looks like the first one.

Thanks to both for the guage recommendation too.
        PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
        2005 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Tical84 View Post
          Looks like the first one.

Thanks to both for the guage recommendation too.
          The Opus 120 comes with that plug(or, at least, mine did... )
          Worst case senario, you have to buy a $5 Molex to 4-pin P4 connector
          After a 2 year break, I'm back! There are so many new and familiar faces here!
          New vehicle, new ideas!

Chryssi - The Changeling CarPC Project

Comment

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. Their manual is deceiving since the 360W one says it has it clear as day.

I can build my own from parts from work for $0. I just wanted to make sure if I spliced it in somewhere it wouldn't cause problems with something else.
            PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
            2005 F-150

Comment

Working...
            X