DSATX brainstem connectivity issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX brainstem connectivity issue

The dsatx works great, but whenever i connect the brainstem to it, the brainstem has a red light turned on but the dsatx doesnt power up. I tried to connect the brainstem when the 12V VIN connected (hot plug) or not connected to the dsatx, but i got no luck to have it work.

Any clues on this? do you think it is a problem on the DSATX or the brainstem?

myself and others have had problem with the DSATX: whenever its operating as a PSU and connected to the brainstem, it'll behave all erratic.
    I can only use the brainstem for changing parameter, and thats about it. If its left it, your psu will not function properly.

Comment

the problem is i can not even turn on my computer with the brainstem connected, and thus i couldnt change the parameters... -__-

Comment

Don't turn it on then. Just give power to the DSATX (including ACC), and connect the brainstem to ANOTHER computer. Then you can change the parameters.
        Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
        Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

ya know this subject kinda irritates me. Does ANYONE have a working DSATX brainstem (by working i mean its connected via serial to the PC its powering)? I've spent $50 bucks trying to get the darn thing working between the device cost and the usb/serial and nothing worked until Marcel made a home-made solution for me. I think i will ask mp3car to add a disclaimer to the description on the store page
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
            Don't turn it on then. Just give power to the DSATX (including ACC), and connect the brainstem to ANOTHER computer. Then you can change the parameters.
            Rippling is right, this is how i got mine to work as well.

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
            ya know this subject kinda irritates me. Does ANYONE have a working DSATX brainstem (by working i mean its connected via serial to the PC its powering)? I've spent $50 bucks trying to get the darn thing working between the device cost and the usb/serial and nothing worked until Marcel made a home-made solution for me. I think i will ask mp3car to add a disclaimer to the description on the store page
            care to elaborate on the solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Punky View Post
              Rippling is right, this is how i got mine to work as well.

care to elaborate on the solution?
              I really cant.. i didnt build it. But i believe what Marcel did is modify a cell phone data cable. I've been using that for months as a true real time solution between the pc and the dsatx.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

The serial brainstem is really problematic. I eventually get my computer powered up with the brainstem connected, but i have the below issues:
                1. With the brainstem connected, the auto power up/power off with ignition ACC wire doesnt work. What i need to do is to manually press the button to switch my computer on.
                2. When i turn on the diagnostic feed, i can't get any diagnostic data, while i checked the feed feature has been turned on (by looking at G14=1, meaning it has been turned on)
                3. After i switched off my computer, the CPU fan still operates...

Evenutally i gave up using the brainstem...

Comment

Hi,
                  Few years ago Im using USB brainstem with DSATX normaly only problem has been that you can't go into sleep if you have opened com port.
                  Now using FTDI TTL-232R-5V (USB-TTL Cable) which work great without problems. You must connect only GND, TX and RX wire.

Comment

Thanks, Dejan. Coz I am using the serial brainstem now, do you think I only need to the gnd, tx and rx wire? Or is it only applicable for the ftdi cable?

Comment

Hi,
                      I think that for brainstem you must use power too, because from PC do not receive enought power(RS232 version)... You can try(put it on cables and see if will work)...

Comment

Let me try tonight.

BTW, do you have any clue on why i can't get any diagnostic data, while i checked the feed feature has been turned on (by looking at G14=1, meaning it has been turned on)?

And how is the FTDI cable? do you have any issues on booting up the computer with the ACC signal? I am thinking if i should buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by mcpc View Post
                          Let me try tonight.

BTW, do you have any clue on why i can't get any diagnostic data, while i checked the feed feature has been turned on (by looking at G14=1, meaning it has been turned on)?

And how is the FTDI cable? do you have any issues on booting up the computer with the ACC signal? I am thinking if i should buy it.
                          As Im say I can nomrmaly boot/sleep/turn off pc no mather when I connect it to DSATX(Turned PC of or on) also I can turn on/off pc no mather if I have opened diagnostic or not.
                          I turn PC on/off only with Ignition signal +12V and GND is allways connected. It boot everytime and Im not have any problem that pc will not boot...

Did you try press F (Case sensitive)? If you don't receive any data then your brainstem do not work or is not connected right(you are turn it wrong for 180)...

Comment

The brainstem is connected right, and can change the settings or query on parameters. The problem is after i enabled the diagnostic feed, i got no diagnostic data.

Comment

If you set a variable with a different number, query it, and it works, I doubt there's a connection issue.

Did you feed acc power to it as I pointed above? If the DSATX thinks the ignition is off, it will stop the feed regardless of settings. That's the only think I can think off.
                              Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                              Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Working...
                              X