Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to power up my usb drive 5volts on 6 m cable ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to power up my usb drive 5volts on 6 m cable ?

Well guys i need to know which is the best option to power a DVD RW usb powered on my car. I mean i have an Aopen External DVD RW Drive powered only by usb. And works on 5volts.

I have to power these on a 6 m distance between the drive and the pc....The problem is that i dont get this working well cause there is a light but the dvd doesnt open and so i guess it isnt well powered.

So i was wondering if i can power this with any kind of usb powered hub or get a 5 volt power supply to work on cars..i mean a 12 v to 5 v converter/or something like that.

Or maybe a pci usb card which has 4 ports......???

It works on 5 volts and 2 A....I had found a 5 v 2A already but has to be changed to work....i mean...need to get the correct plug...

What options do i have ? May i use a usb hub powered directly from my car...i have chance to get the power directly from my battery or near that, like the cigar lighter....if needed...

you can use something like this to get 12v automotive to 5v 1amp using 1 of these
    and use with usb cable with dual ends (1end in to this power unit and 1 end into your extention cable to your computer) or open it up and solder on your connector for your dvd drive 5v power in hope this helps SNO

Comment

Working...
    X