Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dc dc converter from 12v to 5v - more amperage needed-are there any with more than 3A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dc dc converter from 12v to 5v - more amperage needed-are there any with more than 3A

i need to know if there are any dc dc converter from 12v to 5v with more than 3 amps ? I need some of this devices to supply my usb hubs...and having a lot of them in here with 5 volts is not a good idea to put a lot of 2 Amps dc dc converter as the ones i get....i mean,....i wanna know if as the amperage grows, the device also grows in size (i mean dimensions)

I need to know which is the best solution...having some dc dc converter with some 2 amps (i know it may sound crazy but in fact 2 amps....its not too much...when i have a lot of stuff to power)
    The idea was to have some dc dc conv with more amps and then make some paralell connections to supply those hubs from one device only...and avoid spending too much space....

dcdc-usb has a 10Amp fuse.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

the ACPPS is very nice. I used one for quite a while in my previous laptop based build (current system has fewer USB components, and more motherboard powered ports).
      2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer - Bi-Fuel Gasoline/CNG
      Intel D945GCLF2 w/512MB RAM, CL Audigy w/KxProject, M2-ATX, Lilliput EBY701

Comment

Working...
      X