Can M2-ATX power Micro-ATX Intel core2 duo 2.2ghz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can M2-ATX power Micro-ATX Intel core2 duo 2.2ghz

I've checked all the PSU calculators I could find from here and google. Some say I need 110 watts, others say up to 350 watts

I haven't bought the m2-atx yet but I prefer a DC-Dc rather than an invertor

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-8I945GME Micro ATX
    Intel Core2duo E4500 2.2ghz
    2x 1gb RAM ddr2
    1 x sata 250gb 3.5 hd

Thats it!

So what do you guys think my options are?

thanks in advance

You will but JUST about. I am about 75% certain of it. However I suggest you change the 3.5" drive for a 2.5" drive to save that little bit of power because you will be on the limit as the chip itself uses 65w at its maximum!!

Comment

an M4ATX would be a better PSU, more power more reliable, at least in my personal experience
      MY INSTAllS:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...e-install.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...tallation.html

Comment

You know...

There is a FAQ written specifically for people in your situation....
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          You know...

There is a FAQ written specifically for people in your situation....
          Read it many times!

Comment

My car pc have:
            Intel DG41MJ
            Intel core 2 duo E5200 2.5 GHz
            1x DDR2 2Gb
            2x 2.5 HDD (os and media)
            wifi
            gps
            obd and so on...
            And is powered from the M2 ATX, It's working almost a year with no problems. If I was have enough room to my case, I will definitely go for the M4. But for now I'm ok

Comment

possibly, but why? do you really want to be running something that expensive, that hot, that powerful in the car?

You may want to rather ask if you really need that kind of processing power.
              Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
              Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
              Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Well, I hade try to work with an atom based board but, I ''need'' that power because when I push the button my pc must to respond asap! I.E. when I touch the CF icon or any other application. When it wake up from hibernation is faster from an atom. And is for psycological reasons too I don't feeling good when I know that my board have processing power limits

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyR View Post
                  Well, I hade try to work with an atom based board but, I ''need'' that power because when I push the button my pc must to respond asap! I.E. when I touch the CF icon or any other application. When it wake up from hibernation is faster from an atom. And is for psycological reasons too I don't feeling good when I know that my board have processing power limits
                  don't take this the wrong way, but your core 2 has serious limits. For example, your car may not start because your core 2 has limited the life of the battery because of those 2 time when it didn't shut down like you thought it would .

CF is notoriously slow. A SSD may help there. You may as well go with an i7, but CF is still going to be slow.
                  Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
                  Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
                  Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Yes your right, I have already a ssd in my car and yes with this car pc it takes 2 times with the atom, how many times need 3-4? Like I allways say this is my opinion. I know that it have plenty of power that I will not going to use it at 100% but thats makes me feel good.

Comment

Pointless as the CPU isn't the limiting factor when resuming from hibernation etc, it is how quickly the hard drive can read to the RAM. When you go into hibernation, Windows dumps a copy of the RAM onto the hard drive and when it resumes, it takes the dumped image file and places it back to the RAM. Either way, it's the hard drive which is the limiting factor!

Comment

I think your right but he say "in case it won't turn off"

Comment

Originally posted by tripzero View Post
                          possibly, but why? do you really want to be running something that expensive, that hot, that powerful in the car?

You may want to rather ask if you really need that kind of processing power.
                          Simply because I have one lying around. Was my sisters PC but she doesn't want it anymore. I have no other use for it really.

Comment

i also think you should use a larger power supply then a m2-- like the dsatx, m4, or opus 360..

i always prefer to go over the power requirements then to 'just' make it..
                            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                            carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                            X