X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant crashing... Help

Here's my setup:
    - Memory - G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 800
    - Hard drive - Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD800BEVT 80GB 5400 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s
    - MB - Intel BOXDG45FC LGA 775 Intel G45 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
    - Processor - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz Dual-Core Processor (65watt)
    - Case - Morex 5677 Mini-ITX Case w/ 2.5" HDD Mount with PSU
    - Power - DSATX
    - Screen - lilliput 7"
    - GPS - BU-353 Weather-proof GPS Receiver
    - Radio - Boomzbox
    - Wifi - Wireless 802.11b/g/n USB Wi-Fi Dongle
    - Bluetooth - Nano Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Bluetooth Network adapter by Interlink

The DsAtx is powering the computer and screen off a fused 5v rail and the amp signal off a 5v rail, I haven't gotten to doing the relay of of JP1/F1 yet. But even without the amp hooked up this problem still exists. I'm using Centrafuse 3.0. Centrafuse doesn't load my gps on com8. I have to start the gps from the desktop. Then it will see the gps... sometimes... Bluetooth via blusoleil fails all the time. And then only way to get it back is to restart the comp. After Bluetooth fails or anything else fails if i go into the settings to try something the comp just crashes. It doesn't go into shut sequence it just crashes. Like pulling the plug on a home computer from the wall. Also, Centrafuse takes control of everything so i can't use the bluetooth function or boomzbox outside of centrafuse.

What would cause the power to just cut off? Also if i forgo Centrafuse cause of these software issues... what would you guys suggest? But really this power cut off is the major issue.

Power issue for sure, have you tried with atx 120v power supply or nothing on the 5v rail. I power my accessories via separate power supplies and gps/bluetooth/skype phone/active-sync/tpms/touchscreen/radio/sound card/wifi/video capture/web cam all work everytime.

Comment

could you post a quick diagram? i am partially confused on how everything is powered, or working off 5v power..
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Screen takes 12 volts, doesn't it? Are you sure it isn't just the SCREEN that is going blank? Maybe when you load all that stuff up, the voltage is dropping too low on the 5v rail and the screen goes blank.

It sounds like you have the lilli hooked up to 5V....
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

to add-- i have never tried 5v on a amp, but some amps might actually require 12v on the acc line..

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Sorry, the amp and screen are getting 12v via the dsatx. I'll get some point of loads and see what happens. I'll run the screen off the power filter/sig. lighter for now and see if that helps. I'll get the powered usd hub soon.

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
              could you post a quick diagram?.

Comment

did you have issues with a turn-on pop? why not connect the amps remote line directly to the cars acc line?

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

the amp gets a 12v signal from a molex 4 pin from the dsatx on the 12v rail.

Comment

the amp could be trying to draw too much from the dsatx.

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

What kind of relay would i use for this application, http://www.mpegbox.com/microsdc/usdc20d_AuxOC.pdf

Would this from the mp3car store work: http://store.mp3car.com/10pack_of_25..._p/com-085.htm

Comment

any relay can work-- i would prefer a automotive type relay, but you could also use a smaller 5 volt relay off the 5v line of the power supply..

next project? subaru brz
                        carpc undecided

Comment

I put in a 12Vdc relay i got from radioshack. The f1/f2 jumper on the DSatx never give an on signal so I'm still using the 12v rail of the power supply to trigger the relay. That works fine. I think the cpu is overheating causing the system to cut off hard. I'll take off the case top and see if its any better.

Comment

so i cut an aperture into the case and put a grill in its place on top of the cpu fan... still no better. Still cutting off. Let's see what happens when i get the point of loads for the screen.

Comment

why don't you go to the basic, try to power only the comp with the DSATX and see if the computer shut off, if it is try installing a program to monitor the cpu temperature to see if that what causing the shut off.
                              English is not my first language so if I say something weird just say it to me and i try to be clearer :) :)

Comment

Working...
                              X