DSATX Killing My Battery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX Killing My Battery

I have a DSATX using the factory default settings, and it slowly kills my battery if I don't use my truck for a couple weeks. The last time I used my truck I powered down the computer through windows shutdown because I thought that maybe the 10 minutes or so that the DSATX allows the computer to be powered on was too long with all of the electronics I have. Well, sure enough I go out today and my truck is dead. 10.3V across my battery terminals.

Where should I start troubleshooting, and what's the deal with zootjeff? I see he hasn't been here in months and his support forums are filled with posts with no responses. I'm starting to regret not finding out a way to fit an Opus in my enclosure. I have two Opus power supplies and they've always answered same business day to support requests.

have you tried pulling the fuse to the dsatx when the truck sits? battery issues could be a lot of things--there are so many parasitic devices in cars these days, that is the easiest way to determine if it is a dsatx, or car issue..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

obd2 dongle can draw power as well, especially if a bluetooth one. just a thought SNO

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
        have you tried pulling the fuse to the dsatx when the truck sits? battery issues could be a lot of things--there are so many parasitic devices in cars these days, that is the easiest way to determine if it is a dsatx, or car issue..
        Definitely something with the computer since the truck is new and I never had this problem prior to putting the computer in. I'd like to take your suggestion, but now that winter is starting out here I probably won't be letting it sit for as long as I have.

Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
        obd2 dongle can draw power as well, especially if a bluetooth one. just a thought SNO
        May be on to something here. I have a OBD2 dongle, but it's a serial-usb version. Do these have the same issue? This is my adapter: http://www.mo-co-so.com/USB-ODB-II-E...bd-327-usb.htm

Comment

•Powered from car battery over OBD2 connector

looks like it might be drawing power all the time thats from the web page you posted SNO

Comment

Working...
          X