nslu2 + hubs what psu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nslu2 + hubs what psu?

I'm looking to put a Linksys NSLU2 and 2 powered usb hubs into my car, can anyone recommend a 5v output psu that would be up to the job?

thanks

This one from mini-box should do it. http://www.mini-box.com/DCDC-USB If you need more than 10 amps, you're into some specialization.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

thanks for the reply, 10amps will be plenty, how many 5v outputs does this have? sorry give me a linux machine to build and i'll do it but i'm rubbish when it comes to power stuff ha.

Comment

it has a single user-configurable power output.
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

Can you recommend something that has 3 5v outputs that can handle up to 5A?

Comment

5A per output? or 5A total?

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

If all of the parts are going to be turned on and off at the same time, you only need one output. Just split the output yourself into however many 5V feeds you need.

You can do it either by tapping one main line with as many branches as you need (include fuses as required), or you can set yourself up a nifty little distribution block that you can add or remove lines from as your situation changes (Again, include fuses as required!).

So while the DCDC has only one output, you can split that one output to as many devices as you want, as long as the total power draw is under 10A, which for an NSLU2 and a couple of hubs with devices attached, should be pretty easy

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                5A per output? or 5A total?
                5A total

Originally posted by Chester View Post
                If all of the parts are going to be turned on and off at the same time, you only need one output. Just split the output yourself into however many 5V feeds you need.

You can do it either by tapping one main line with as many branches as you need (include fuses as required), or you can set yourself up a nifty little distribution block that you can add or remove lines from as your situation changes (Again, include fuses as required!).

So while the DCDC has only one output, you can split that one output to as many devices as you want, as long as the total power draw is under 10A, which for an NSLU2 and a couple of hubs with devices attached, should be pretty easy
                Ahh I see what your saying so would use single feed they split across an aux fuse box for example?

Comment

Originally posted by Chester View Post

Originally posted by stretch View Post
                  Ahh I see what your saying so would use single feed they split across an aux fuse box for example?
                  that would be the best way to do it.

next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                  X