Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPUS ATX/M4-ATX - ignition on/off detection if attached to secondary battery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS ATX/M4-ATX - ignition on/off detection if attached to secondary battery?

I have a Kinetik HC1400 as my starter battery and a HC800 in the trunk. The two batteries are separated by an isolator.

If I choose to attach my PSU to the secondary battery in the trunk, will the PSU not operate according to whether the ignition is turned on/off?

Is there a way around this, or am I just going to have to hook this up to my starter battery?

Thanks
    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer CarPC Build Thread

the ignition position is a key-position, not a battery location.

so no matter which battery you connect the main power for the psu to, it is the status of +12v on the 'acc/ign' line that determines when the psu shuts down.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

does the PSU connect somewhere to this line for it to be able to sense the key-position?

Comment

Yes, every intelligent power supply has a wire that connects to your ign wire.
        1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Originally posted by kegobeer View Post
          Yes, every intelligent power supply has a wire that connects to your ign wire.
          sorry to be a bother, but how can i locate this wire...am i having to solder the PSU connector wire onto this somehow, or do most cars come with a plug of sorts i connect to wire to? is there a tutorial or explanation on how to do this properly/safely? it seems like a risky thing to be toying with if you don't know what you're doing....

Comment

Search for a wiring harness diagram for your ride: http://www.the12volt.com

And you don't need the actual ignition wire. Any ignition-controlled line will work. I use the line from a cigarette lighter power, since those are ignition-controlled in my vehicle. You may also have ignition-controlled lines in you fuse box with nothing on them. Add a fuse and use that.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
              Search for a wiring harness diagram for your ride: http://www.the12volt.com

And you don't need the actual ignition wire. Any ignition-controlled line will work. I use the line from a cigarette lighter power, since those are ignition-controlled in my vehicle. You may also have ignition-controlled lines in you fuse box with nothing on them. Add a fuse and use that.
              thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X