weird sleep/wake problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird sleep/wake problem

Recently built a carputer, having a weird problem with my m2-atx, running Windows XP btw.

It seems that when I turn off my ignition, the computer attempts to go to sleep and eventually turns off.

When I start the ignition, the computer first wakes up, turns off, then turns back on fully (starts with BIOS, goes to XP boot screen) and eventually reboots fully (this takes forever!)

Any suggestions? Seems like it's not sleeping/hibernating/or even shutting down properly....

Thanks!

Originally posted by SAV View Post
    Recently built a carputer, having a weird problem with my m2-atx, running Windows XP btw.

It seems that when I turn off my ignition, the computer attempts to go to sleep and eventually turns off.

When I start the ignition, the computer first wakes up, turns off, then turns back on fully (starts with BIOS, goes to XP boot screen) and eventually reboots fully (this takes forever!)

Any suggestions? Seems like it's not sleeping/hibernating/or even shutting down properly....

Thanks!
    Maybe your power supply isn't surviving engine cranks? How soon after you crank the engine does your computer turn on. If it tries turning on at the same time as you are cranking, there voltage drop might cause loss of power to your PC.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

Comment

^ a easy way to test that would be to turn the car to 'acc' or 'on', without cranking the motor.
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

well its more like it shuts down instead of sleep or hibernate.

is there another way to configure the M2-ATX other than those jumper settings?

Comment

Working...
        X