m1 atx hookup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m1 atx hookup

hey guys new to the site and dont know all that much about computers. i just bought a car pc off ebay already built i just need to swap the power supplys. i have the m1 atx 90 watt PS and an epia-sp motherboard (i guess thats the name) i tryed hookin it up but the new wires dont line up. wondering if anyone could help or point me in the right direction

What do you mean "the wires don't line up"?
    Also - Have you looked at the manual?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i mean that the new plug doesnt have the same connectors as the old ones. the old cable has enough cords dasey chained to go from the motherboard then to the PS then to the HD and cd drive. the new one only goes from mobo then PS then to hd or cd drive. my friend said i can just use the old cord? it fits but idk if i will be able to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by bignickk View Post
        i mean that the new plug doesnt have the same connectors as the old ones. the old cable has enough cords dasey chained to go from the motherboard then to the PS then to the HD and cd drive. the new one only goes from mobo then PS then to hd or cd drive. my friend said i can just use the old cord? it fits but idk if i will be able to use it.
        Which plug?

Based on an assumption:
        The M1 is designed to work with a low-power ATX motherboard. If the cabling is kluuged to power something else, then you can buy new cords and start over for your application.

You're providing very limited detail about the cabling from your M1, so it's damn near impossible to evaluate your situation.
        A pic or two of the cabling would also be helpful.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
        X