No announcement yet.

D945GSEJT no green standby light

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D945GSEJT no green standby light

Hey Guys,

I have an Intel D945GSEJT which has been working fine, I've been to use it today and nothing happened, so checked the power and connections, all fine - the 4 pin feed on to the board shows the correct 12v however the board doesnt show its green light - which has always been on before...

Are there any checks I can do or do I just assume the board is now dead?

Any thoughts?

Take it out and connect it to a desktop power supply (or use the brick that came with it) and see if it powers up. I had this issue with mine, and I ended up removing the BIOS battery for about 10 minutes and then resetting the BIOS, and it started working again.
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

hmmmm, ok, ran it on the psu brick, and nothing.... removed the battery, disconnected everything - its been over an hour, looks like its dead

If you have a DVM, check the on board fuse near the power connectors.

I've just looked at my board, but I can 3 chips that may be fuses, any ideas which one it is?

see pic
            Attached Files