New Mac Mini Power Supply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mac Mini Power Supply

I found a kit to remove the internal power supply on the 2010/2011 Mac Mini that will allow use if a Dc-Dc supply for a carpc.

Http://www.ebay.com/itm/330712020198

Just received my new power cord for the Mac Mini. Unlike the mp3car mod there are no wires to cut.

Comment

I ordered one more patch cable.

I will be able to power the mac mini in the house using the mac mini power supply after it has been removed.

I can simply unplug it from the car and plug it into the house.

Modaudio.blogspot.com

Quick turn around for everything I've asked for.

Comment

Does this cable work? Is it anything more than the wires soldered together to positive and negative terminals on the connector? $75 seems expensive for what it is if that's the case.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by evolvingmonkeys View Post
          Does this cable work? Is it anything more than the wires soldered together to positive and negative terminals on the connector? $75 seems expensive for what it is if that's the case.

Thanks for posting!
          You got it. I actually got three cables made.

1. To replace the power supply
          2. DC plug to my DC-DC power supply in the car
          3. Replace the existing power supply wire to terminate to a DC plug so I can still power the Mac Mini in the house.

And yes it was expensive. But time is money and It was easier to order the cables while I worked on my car.

I was also having a tough time identifying and finding the connectors.

If you can find the connectors it is easy work to make your own.

Comment

Here is a way to do this yourself.

The Mac mini power supply has a cable that attaches to the power supply and the mother board.

Cut the cable in half and wire a Female DC plug to the motherboard end and a male DC plug to the power supply end.

Then all you need is a DC plug wired to you DC-DC power supply in your car.

Let me know if you need help with which wire are positive and ground.

Comment

Working...
            X