boost 12 to 14.5 v ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost 12 to 14.5 v ??

hello forum. my car has a 15.6" led backlight lcd. i am trying to build a dc psu to power it directly from my pc PSU. the lcd's psu, supplys it with +5v and +14.5v . i can easily just add the 5v from my pc PSU, but does anybody have an idea how would i go to boost the 12v to 14.5?? the lcd drows 2A...

if i try to power my test lcd (broken) , from the 12v instead of 14.5 , it does turn on, but i'm not sure , as it would be safe for the monitor to drive it that way...
    any input?

dc-dc converter.

Comment

ofc.. but my question is how to build one. or what will happen with the lcd of its driven by 12

Comment

Why build one when buying is cheaper? Otherwise look up SMPS chips like MC34063, TL496 etc.

Using 12V instead of 14.5V depends on the circuit.

Comment

mainly cause, where i leave, those things are hard to find and for educational reasons as well. those chips seem good! i will also try the LM2577S-adj, which has adjustable output, and see how it goes!

Comment

I just had to do this for my speaker/amp mod I just posted about. I used the DC-DC-USB converter as I had one lying around. But I do like the look of that LM2577 for such a small increase and you should be covered with amp draw. Good luck SNO

Comment

You can find a simple adjustable step-up converter on eBay for really cheap.
              "You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller" - Wierd Al

Comment

Working...
              X