hey got a cheep power set up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey got a cheep power set up

i used a 120w atx min power supply of a old cel. 600mhz gateway i got from work its really simlar to the ones in the e-mechines iv fixed. i boss ordered some antec 150w inveters i dodnt know about. there so small i was like ur awsome boss cause it so small. i got the thing for free but my store retails them for 45 for power supply and then 65 for inverter and im using it to power a m1000 and a 9200se ati video card and a 40 gig 7200rpm and 16x sony dvd and the datalux 1-.4 vga touch screen tft it awsome it al runs off 150watt inverter the screan i thought would consume more bt it really only 5 watts. so there what i got . btw i stuff it all in to where i had my double dec stereo in my 91 gs-turbo eclipse so u know every thing had to be small (except my screen of course). any idea on mounting monitor in there thats what im working on now?
    Hardware:Mini-itx (M1000)/256mb ddr2700/40 gig 7200 rpm/Sony 10A DvD Burner /10.4 Datalux touch screen

Software:Win Xp Pro, Media Engine

punctuation, sentences....use them

Anyway, what exactly are you asking ?
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

I think the question is about monitor mounting (that's the only sentence I can see with a question mark). Of course, the power supply forum is an odd place to post it, and the question isn't specific enough to be easily answerable.

Rob
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Ditto on the punctuation.

Comment

i wasnt posting as a question i was just telling people that i found one way it could be done for a lot less not the best not the cheepes way but so people would know and the only punction u get this one.

P.s. (opps u get two more) i thought maybe someone reading had a good idea about the screen mounting that they could through it in)
          Hardware:Mini-itx (M1000)/256mb ddr2700/40 gig 7200 rpm/Sony 10A DvD Burner /10.4 Datalux touch screen

Comment

(Ditto on the punctuation.) if u want to be a jerk well it should have went like this (Ditto, on the punctuation. ) Ditto is a interjection and also space between the smile face and the period.

Comment

Proper punctuation and spelling on future posts would be appreciated. You will get more usefull responses instead of comments on your writing skills or lack there of.

Inverters are a popular alternative to expensive DC-DC PSUs. Some very good ideas for tanks circuits and shutdown/startup controllers have been discussed. Do a search for more details. If you got the money, the Opus is worth the investment imo.

Check the LCD section and the Show Off Project section for mounting ideas. A few strips of duct tape should do the trick and will fit your budget. Otherwise, a custom fiberglass or brushed aluminum install would look awesome. Post some pics of the interior and dash, and someone may be able to give you some ideas.
              -TJ
              Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
              CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
              Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

heh-heh . . . and just for fun, add puncuation and capitalization to the following to make it meaningful and grammatically correct:

in the examination smith where jones had had had had had had had had had had had the examiners approval

Dex

Comment

ROFL cooljack, good one
                  I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Just saying that proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, will get you more responses. After all, you only have one voice on the Net: your typed words.

Anyway, I have a similar problem with my car and the DSCustoms's 7" screen. But I think I have solved that by removing the casing and just using the bare LCD. I will attach it with hotglue.

Comment

Woah! I'd be careful with the hot glue. I don't know the melting point of that stuff, but my gut instinct is that one hot summer day parked in the sun will leave you with a big mess and a pile of ruined electronics. (I don't want to think about that stuff dripping down into the heat/ AC controls in your Soob.)

On the other hand, I'm a noob here. No PC in the car yet, and still coming up with a plan for one. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about the hot glue, but I think that maybe a few small dots of silicone glue would save you some headaches if you have a way to properly clamp it until it sets up. I say small dots because that stuff is strong and sticks to anything: glass, metal, fabric, plastic. Use too much, and it's in there for life.

Comment

Hrm, I didn't think about that :-/

Back to the drawing board, lol

Comment

it takes ALOT of heat to melt the glue...get an industrial strength from any craft place and you'll be certainly good to go.

One thing we use to do with boating equiptment is cover the entire circuit board in glue to keep it water proof. It doesn't hurt the electronics.

Comment

Hm, thanks for the info, Prez. I'll find out what kind of glue I have.

Comment

Working...
                          X