Opus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus

it this really worth it? does anyone have a problem with the computer rebooting when cranking? also does this have a shut down controller built into it to automaticaly turn on and off my pc when i turn on and off the car?

worth it = yes
    reboots when cranking = no
    shutdown controller built in = yes

you need = to search
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

where can i get one?

Comment

i know you can get it from www.opussolutions.com <- i donno the price tho but i'm interested, is the shut down controller in these good??

Comment

price 190 plus 10 bucks for shipping. Dang worth it.
          What im curently listening to.
          My complete carpc setup

Comment

Hey max, you should change your post to if you're not happy with an Opus then post here. see what people dont like about it except the price.
            NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
            If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

My $155 65W power solution (DC-DC [no inverter], 10-16V input, input/output isolation, and ATX shutdown):
              http://www.swooby.com/z/navpc/power.htm

Not as cheap as a sproggy, but zero worries and [nearly] zero work.

Pv

Comment

my $50 60w power solution: sproggy
                -
                My cars
                -

Comment

Originally posted by paulpv
                  My $155 65W power solution (no inverter, 10-16V input, input/output isolation, ATX shutdown):
                  http://www.swooby.com/z/navpc/power.htm

Pv
                  Now I'm interested, that 12V switched mode regulator is a UK supplier!

Can you tell me, how well does that supply survive during cranking? Dos it at all? This could be the perfect solution for us UK types, no need even to step down 19 volts to 12!

Cheers, Ginge

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
                  CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

Originally posted by GingerPrince
                    Now I'm interested, that 12V switched mode regulator is a UK supplier!

Can you tell me, how well does that supply survive during cranking? Dos it at all? This could be the perfect solution for us UK types, no need even to step down 19 volts to 12!

Cheers, Ginge
                    Cranking is not an issue to me because my computer doesn't turn on until AFTER the engine is running.
                    This was not by design, and it has its drawbacks, but I kindof like it this way.
                    My startup problem has something to do with Jeff Mucha's ATX Shutdown Circuit, and is not related to the SwitchedMode regulator itself.

The dudes at switchedmode are good guys.
                    They should be able to answer any of your questions.
                    Ask for Robyn Aston.
                    Feel free to let him know that you found them through me (just mention "some guy in Seattle, USA, that bought your 4662 to power a PC in his car...the one you gave the wrong power tip too." ).
                    I DON'T get kickbacks (trust me, I'd like 'em).
                    I just think they are a good company and provide an excellent nitch product and I want them feel that their customers are helping to spread the word about them.

Cheers!

Pv

Comment

Your in Seattle... When I get my system all done we should hold a NW-USA Meet! I know there are some other people from Portland.. One of them makes some sort of power controler
                      1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Working...
                      X