Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok dc-dc how-to's and what to buy pw-70?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok dc-dc how-to's and what to buy pw-70?

Well after buying a 800w power inverter and getting my old PII up and running I just decided to buy a Via ITX mobo. If I win the bid it's on its way if not ill find another. I also want to scrap the inverter Idea due to obvious issues that pop up everywhere.. I have been looking at the PW-70A and it looks to be the best for what I can find. I haven't been able to find anything easy to understand on the sproggy's and they all seem to come incomplete? whatever that means, and Im all about not having to solder more stuff if needed. BUT. I guess my question is if I get a PW-70A will I be safe hooking this up to my new mobo and hardwiring into my car batt? At least with the inverter way I could fry my PSU before my free cheapo PII mobo. If not go this way anyone have any helpfull suggestions ? Also I <am> a broke college student who has spent way too much moneyon this aleready; and 150$ for an opus is not in the budget.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

sell your blazer... then buy an opus....hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee
    BossTone74

Comment

Ahh.. Ill sell my blazer if you'll give me a brand new m3 .. HEHEH. Aside from that.. no seriously? any other thoughts

Comment

OK Bump.. and add to my question.

I guess what I want to know is can I hook the PW-** atx psu directly to my car batt? WILL I fry anything? Is this common? What can I put in front of the PW-** to help myself other than an opus? Caps? Resistors? combo's of ea? obiously a fuse and a relay.?? Plz.. need help this is my first carputer project

Thanks

Comment

it might work, you might fry it

you can try a regulator in front, but it might not work when the car is off
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

why wouldnt it work with the car off?
            Originally posted by menudude
            thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

cuz the cheap easy regulators need about 13v to properly function.

too sleepy to look up part numbers, lm*** something makes a chip that can raise or lower voltage.

The pw series can pass +/- 3v through the 12v rail.
              Gizmo-
              Techonlogy on Wheels
              http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

Working...
              X