Where to buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy?

The smaller, the better, so in an effort to make my setup even smaller, the last remaining "large" component is the 1U ATX psu, so I'm looking for one of the small itx psu's. The only thing it will be powering is the m9000 and a 2.5" hdd (so the 200w 1U is a bit overkill ). I'm really not looking for a pure dc-dc (ie opus, arise, keypower), I'm just looking for where to buy the small psu's. I know about mini-box.com, but what else is out there?
    -Nick

Originally posted by MP3DUB
    The smaller, the better, so in an effort to make my setup even smaller, the last remaining "large" component is the 1U ATX psu, so I'm looking for one of the small itx psu's. The only thing it will be powering is the m9000 and a 2.5" hdd (so the 200w 1U is a bit overkill ). I'm really not looking for a pure dc-dc (ie opus, arise, keypower), I'm just looking for where to buy the small psu's. I know about mini-box.com, but what else is out there?
    You are running an inverter, correct? I am not sure yet if I want to go with a inverter/AC-PSU, or a OPUS DC-DC.. The price tag seems a *bit* high on the DC-DC so for now I might go with just a simple inverter, becuase I have lots of PSU's lying around that can be used But regarding a small PSU.. I think I saw some at http://linitx.com/shop/

Happy hunting.
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Yeah, I'm running an inverter and its all running swimmingly. The reason that I keep coming back to an inverter and an ac-dc psu, how ever ineffecient, is that I can pull the pc out ANYWHERE and take it inside and have it work without trying to find a 12v 12a power source.
      -Nick

Comment

mp3dub, there are a lot of websites that sell just server stuff

http://www.linux-1u.net/PowerSupp/ATX.1U/

there's a bunch of links to places that sell them there.. Usually they are on the long side but are very short
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

I'm looking for things even smaller than that . I'm looking for the tiny little open frame dc-dc psu's that require an external 120>12v adapter, like you would find in a cubid case, only bare. I know I've seen them linked before, but I couldnt come up with anything searching.
          -Nick

Comment

The only small thing like that that comes to mind is perhaps a old HP/eMachines 90w PSU.. They are small, and you can make them bear. There are smaller ones, one of my friends has a 120w PSU that is tiny, cost him about $30, perfect for a breif case I'll see if he has a brand name on it.
            1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Working...
            X