• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus PSU not powering computer

Edited. First problem solved. See below
    Blazer Xtreme: The PITA MP3 Car.
    240SX Fastback: SR20DET motor swap.

Ok. The first problem is that the PSU wasn't getting power. Now it's getting power and the motherboard itself is getting power (according to the red light), but it will not switch on the computer. I have a wire from the battery with a switch to turn on the PSU which turns on the computer. It will not work. I even tried another computer and it will not come on. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Connect the green wire directly to your motherboard on/off jumpers. I did the same thing as you did and it did not work for me. I connected the green wires to the jumpers and WHAM!!! it worked great.

I think your problem is that switch in between the battery and the PSU.
      What im curently listening to.
      My complete carpc setup

Comment

Do you mean connect the wires directly to jumpers by soldering? I'm not being mean when I say this, but can you give me a few more details? I'm very anxious to make this work
        I also used a single wire without the switch with no luck Good sugguestion though.

Comment

The PSU has a littile white connector, it has two wires, one if green the other I beleive it white. The connector should fit over the ON/OFF jumper on your motherboard. No need to solder anything.

Also do you have the remote line connected? Contact me on AIM= osirsdon. Ill help you out.
          What im curently listening to.
          My complete carpc setup

Comment

I tried that too I even took my AC to DC power supply and hooked it up. I found the right jumpers to use, then hooked the Opus' green and white wires to those jumpers and nothing happens (when I send power to the yellow wire to simulate the ignition.)

Comment

The green and white wire/connector is polarity sensitive. Try swapping it the other way.

If you've done everything mentioned in the Opus Docs, give Kris at Opus a call.
              -TJ
              Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
              CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
              Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

It's alive! Turns out the green and white wires supplied by Opus were bad (or it could even be the connecter on the unit itself). I hooked up a power button from another case to the correct jumpers on the motherboard. Pressed the button and the fans and hard drive powered up. It's a Festivus Miracle.

Comment

Still sound like you hooked up the green/white wire with the wrong polarity. I believe the green wire has to go on the + power switch pin.

Bad wire is unlikely. Use a multimeter to check.
                  -TJ
                  Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
                  CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
                  Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

I tried both polarities. But I guess I'll try it again to make sure.

Comment

Hate to bring up this thread, but I had and still have this exact same problem. WhateverJames u ever find a solution. I just pulled my carpc out of my car and started messing with the setup again and I really want to get this working. I mean even if you dont have your BIOS setup correctly, but you still have the remote line hooked up and the little jumper cable hooked to the power jumpers shouldn't the opus still start the computer up?

Common with the answers . Also what is the voltage of the remote line?
                      -Merc
                      1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
                      [:::::::::.]99.9%
                      Working On: Fixing wireless network interference
                      Specs: 8.4inch vga touch, 1.?? ghz, 256 DDR, 4gig OS HD, 120gig Media HD, opus

Comment

Hey. I put this project on hold over the winter. I never did find a solution for the Opus not wanting to power up the computer. I had to use the case's switch to power it up but I guess the Opus would get confused and stop supplying power to the computer after 25 minutes exactly. The Opus would flash a certain number of lights and I'd have to reset it by taking away power for a few seconds. It would then start up again, from the case switch but only for another 25 minutes.

I took the computer out when it got cold but I'll have to put it back in and give it another try, now that it's warm. If I have no luck I'll send it back and have them fix it, even if I have to pay for it.

Comment

Working...
                        X