Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protek PSU questions

alrite guys

i recently bought a computer of a guy and he threw in a psu with it...(he was planning on an in car pc but couldnt afford it in the end)

ANYWAY.. its Protek electronics corp Model PD110 - 31LA
    i have found a pdf on it http://www.protek.com.tw/PROTEK/PD110%20Series%20(Page%205-5,6).pdf

first question...will this be good to power my pc in my car?

second question... where do i connect where? lol...it has lots of pins and looks like one set of them could be for an atx power wire...but i dont really have a clue..

thanks in advance
    Snow
    OTDL Crew

Originally posted by Snowie
    alrite guys

i recently bought a computer of a guy and he threw in a psu with it...(he was planning on an in car pc but couldnt afford it in the end)

ANYWAY.. its Protek electronics corp Model PD110 - 31LA
    i have found a pdf on it http://www.protek.com.tw/PROTEK/PD110%20Series%20(Page%205-5,6).pdf

first question...will this be good to power my pc in my car?

second question... where do i connect where? lol...it has lots of pins and looks like one set of them could be for an atx power wire...but i dont really have a clue..

thanks in advance
    OK, first of all we will need more details of the computer you got. AT? ATX?

Secondly, by the specsheet you gave, that PSU only gives out +12/+5/-12V. ATX requires a 3.3V source. So this PSU alone will not work for you. You could get a DC-DC convertor (the pw-70 or something similar) and power that directly from the +12V output of the Protek. Realize that the +12V output of the model you have is only reliably rated for 5A maximum, so you could only power a 60W supply off of the +12V output. This won't do you much good if you have anything other than an EPIA (or smaller).

I'm not sure about any connections or anything like that. You need to be a little more specific in your question. Do you need help with connecting it to your computer or powering it in your car?

HTH
    "Buckethead's this guy that was raised in a chicken coop and without the bucket on his head, he's helpless"

- "Really? Oh my god..."

Comment

Working...
    X