Need power quick, tight timeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need power quick, tight timeline

I need the quickest power solution to get my carputer running. I would like an Opus, but it takes way to long to ship. It's going to be a mini-itx with 2.5' hd, and slot loading slimline cd or dvd. All I need is something that I can get my hands on within 2 weeks. Is there anything out there for me? I just need something that works, nothing fancy. Will a pw-60 or pw-70 work? I know there is no power regulation, so it won't run when I turn on the car and the voltage can drop out or go too high, but will it work in general? Would using a regular micro-atx power supply and running it through an inverter be better? Eventually I will get an Opus or build something my self, but I am doing this as a school project and it needs to be at least running in the next few weeks. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

those mini-itx DC-DC PSU's are great if you place a 12v regulator in front of them. If you don't your risking it.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

The fastest is way is an inverter. Just pick one up at a local store and you're on your way.

The Opus is well worth the wait and extra money imo.
      -TJ
      Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
      CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
      Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

Originally posted by tejesh83
        The fastest is way is an inverter. Just pick one up at a local store and you're on your way.

The Opus is well worth the wait and extra money imo.
        If you want a 12 volt car solution that is small and effective. The MPBS1 will work for you.

www.mpegbox.net

You can get it in less than a week if you order it today it goes out tomorrow.

-Jeff
        MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
        www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Mpbs1

Is anyone here running a MPBS1 DC-DC power supply? It looks like a nice alternative to the Opus, but it's only 70watts... hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by jasonsp6
            Is anyone here running a MPBS1 DC-DC power supply? It looks like a nice alternative to the Opus, but it's only 70watts... hmmm...
            Well, I use it.. :-)

My machine is a celeron 566 with FV24 Mobo and 10 gig hard drive.

It uses 35 of the available 70 watts.

-Jeff
            www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by none
              Jeff I was just wondering if the shutdown controller I ordered from you earlier in the week had been sent out yet. I haven't gotten any email confirmation of my order.

Thank You,

Simon Miya

Yup went out on Thursday
              I believe.
              www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Working...
              X