This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Evectra for car pc

I have been using a HP for a car computer for about 3 months now. They work great. The power supply is nothing more than a laptop power regulator. Since there is no internal power supply for this computer and the home power supply is the same as a laptop, a 19v 3.4 amp power regulator(foudn it on ebay for $20.00) works great in your car. It also uses a Slim CD drive wich is great since the CD's dont skip as much this way. I am also using a Datalux LMV10R 10" Touchscreen. Which is also a 12v power input. So far so good, I have had no problems with this and it only cost me a total of about $400.00 with all the cabeling and everything. I run the audio through a fm modulator and hooked up a momentary swith to the power button so it can be turned on and shutdown from the dash board, since the computer is located in my trunk. If anyone has any input on this let me know. I would love to here some responses.
    This is my personal homepage no advertisement here. It has a shot of my carpc project.

what are the specs.... ie p3 or p2 etc....
    ALIBABA - I30 99
    Nemiah M10000, C134
    DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
    GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
    Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
    Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
    Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

Comment

HP Evectra

Originally posted by skassama
      what are the specs.... ie p3 or p2 etc....
      Check my website at gpsthings.0catch.com. They are all P3's but come in lots of different speeds and configurations. The one I have now is a 950 celeron, with 128mb ram, 20gb hd. I use a benQ wifi adapter for internet and a portable 20gb HD for MP3s and Divx Movies. I also have a BU-303 model USB GPS reciever and running iGuidance GPS Software. With Windows XP
      This is my personal homepage no advertisement here. It has a shot of my carpc project.

Comment

that was a little sneeky.........
        ALIBABA - I30 99
        Nemiah M10000, C134
        DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
        GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
        Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
        Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
        Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

Comment

Ill say, looks like an Advertisment!

Comment